1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sndrec32.exe/mpeg layer 3

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Greg1954, Feb 18, 2007.

1. Greg1954

Greg1954 Member

I have two issues.

1. Where can I download a version of windows sndrec32.exe that contains the mpeg layer 3 option?

I have an XP sp2 that I downloaded the sndrec32.exe ver.5.1 file and burned it to a disc, but when I installed it on my Vista system the mpeg layer 3 was missing.

2. Why is it some people I send music to can hear the sounds, but some cannot? Doesn't all systems by now support the mpeg layer3 codec?

Thanks,
    Greg

2. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

3. Greg1954

Greg1954 Member

Thanks for your response. I have since resolved my issue, but thank you for your advice.

Btw you are right. After I figured out it wasn't a Vista thing I downloaded the mpeg layer 3 codec from a dbpoweramp music converter link and it installed itself everywhere. Now I'm back up and running.

Also, when you state that others may not have the same mp3 codec as mine are you saying there are different layer 3's...I was unaware of this. Or do you mean that they could be missing the mpeg layer 3 codec and have a different one installed?

Anyway I sent my friend a link to the page where I downloaded the codec so we're moving ahead.

Thanks again.

4. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

nah - I meant that many companies produce MP3 codecs based on the Frauenhoffer layer3 standards, and that some may have subtle differences in the coding. but still, I'm glad you have resolved the problems!