1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNES emu slow despite 333mhz clock

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by Merlock, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Merlock

Merlock Member

Hey I'm using snes9xTYL and getting slow performance from the roms... i tried final fantasy 3(unplayable) and castlevania dracula x. I have tried raising the clock speed both in the bios and in the emulator options.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. glenquag

glenquag Regular member

Not all roms will run smooth with the emulator. It's like that with most emulators, make sure you have the newest version of snes9xTYL. The emulator works great for Super Mario World.

3. Merlock

Merlock Member

so that's just the way it is? nobody is running snes roms at full speed on the psp?

4. zachier

zachier Regular member

Well, a few ROMs run slow with snes9xTYL, including Dracula X, unfortunately. As far as I know, only the first level of the game runs slow; so what I do is skip the first stage and go directly to the second stage(password, lol). Dunno about FFIII, though.

But yeah, games like Mario, Contra, Megaman, etc run smoothly with the emulator.

5. Merlock

Merlock Member

Thanks for your reply. Is there a better emulator out there for 3.03 oe-c? Anybody else have a tutorial with a snes and gba emulator that might run better; or perhaps a way of making the psp faster??

thanks

6. adzilla

adzilla Member

Hi

I got that problem at first too.

After messing with the settings, ive learned that if you go into the menu during a game and change the frame skip settings to like 2 or 3, this should make the roms work at normal speed.

Different games might need higher or lower settings. Also try not to set it too high else it might not play too smartly.

7. Merlock

Merlock Member

Yeah I Played with those settings, but the problem is: the higher the frame rate, the more choppy it will look. So it's a tradeoff between quality and speed. Is the psp unable to handle the emulator as it is? Particularly in final fantasy 3 the battles are unplayable unless i raise the framerate very high in which case it looks like crap.