1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snes Emulators, Y wont any work 4 me?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by ScorpsPSP, Jul 22, 2007.

1. ScorpsPSP

ScorpsPSP Member

Hi all, hope someone can help me. I have a PSP 3.40oea and trying to get SNES emulators to work. I have all the roms and I tried several emulators. The last was the latest version of s9xTYL-0.4.2. I followed the instructions to the letter and put the program into a "roms" folder. On my list was "corrupt file". I moved the folders into their own folders and when selected I had a message "unable to play game 80020148" and "unable to play game 8002014C". Hellpppppp!

2. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

w8...

you moved the program to a folder called ROMS???

hope this helps you:

download the emu.

extract the emu

youll get 2 folders (s9xtyl, and s9styl%) *just find those two*

now take BOTH of those folders

put them BOTH into your game150 folder located: ms0:root/psp/game150

now make sure you dont have it in any folder. just put those TWO folders i indicated into the 150.

and INSIDE of those folders, if there isnt already one there, create a ROMS folder.

now exit USB, and check if its there.

if not,

tell me EXACTLY what you are doing to get that thing on there.

i really hope this helps!!!! :)
    just let me know and ill see if i can help in any other way.

3. lordofuo

lordofuo Regular member

wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

when you put a ROMS folder in one, make sure its the one WITHOUT the %.

4. ScorpsPSP

ScorpsPSP Member

Thanks for the info. I know that sounded strange about putting the main folders in a roms folder but thats what the instructions said so I went along with it. Anyway, that didn't work so I tried the proper way, and placed the 2 folders in the game150 folder of PSP. There was already a roms folder and I placed a couple of roms in there. I have so far never got 1 to work.

I've tried nester, this s9xtyl, gpsp (full setup v0.9!) and rin all without success.

I don't think i'm doing anything wrong, but the damn things just don't want to work! :(

I've got loads of SNES and GB roms on my pc that work fine so I know its not the roms.

Anything else to suggest?

5. ScorpsPSP

ScorpsPSP Member

It works!!!!!! I know what I did wrong, I followed the instructions and put files in game folder, should have been the game150 folder!!! thanks for your help