1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snes station...oh woe is me

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by rewtbeer, Feb 18, 2005.

1. rewtbeer

rewtbeer Member

Hey gang.

I've searched through the site, and I can't seem to find anything to help.

I have the SWD 3.3 with the Fliptop, and I can't get any SNES roms to load. I've followed the various tutorials that are on here, and have had no luck.

I've heard that it is almost near impossible to play SNES Station with the swap discs. True?

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

2. jprailer

jprailer Member

I've gotten SNES STATION to work using Swap Magic. I can't get it working on a DVD, but it works just fine on a CD. In order to get it working, I have to put in Swap Magic CD Version, press eject and use Breaker Pro to refresh the TOC, then use the slide card to swap out Breaker Pro for CDLoader, then finally use the slide card to swap out CDLoader for your burned CD with SNES STATION and the ROMS.

3. rewtbeer

rewtbeer Member

Is there any others other than that? I dont want to get a code breaker thingie...

4. jprailer

jprailer Member

Not to my knowledge, I've always had to use Breaker Pro... but I managed to get it working using the memory card exploit as well. Might have to take that route.

5. syzable

syzable Guest

I got it to work with swap magic DVD v3.3

6. badussy

badussy Member

how did you make it work with swap magic

7. iLLNATiON

iLLNATiON Member

mine worked fine on cd-r couldnt get it to do crap on dvd however, i got pgen (ps2 sega genesis emulator) to work perfect on dvd the first time plus i added like 350 roms to it...but i heard u need to use breaker pro to get it run and all the crap..but i didnt have to (snes). btw i burned the file with RECORDNOW! DELUXE 7

8. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

that's crazy talk. you don't need breaker pro to run snes station. it wouldn't even help if you did. here's why: swap magic won't load any psx-based games. if you want to load a psx-based game you need to use breaker pro. snes station is a ps2 based program therefore swap magic cd is all you need. i have snes station on 2 cd-r's with 350 roms on each disc and it works great. i even use the method for those with modchips and it works fine with long file names. now, "it might be nes" is a different story. if you wanna run that you need breaker pro because "it might be nes" is a psx based program.

9. jprailer

jprailer Member

Well, I use Swap Magic 3.0, not 3.3. And yes, Breaker Pro, though a PS1 disc, can be used to refresh the TOC of Swap Magic 3.0 -- I use it & CDLoader to boot all my PS2 CD-R media, including SNES STATION and countless DVDRips... so, uh, it works for me. Whatever.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2005
  10. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Huh, well, I never used 3.0. I'm just glad mine works perfect with long filenames and only one swap:)

11. itzLogan

itzLogan Member

I dont know about you guys, but my v7 wont load the SM CD
    I play Snes Station all the time using this method. Load SMDVD and then load dvd loader. Dont ask me to send it to you, it is somewhere in other forums. From DVD loader press eject and put in a ps2 CD with more data than snes station i.e. Dave Mirra BMX. Then swap with snes station and press x.

12. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

I have v5 and it loads SMD CD