1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

snes station question

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Shogunn, Feb 4, 2004.

1. Shogunn

Shogunn Member

OK, I've got 50 roms on my cd-r using the first beta relase, swap magic / slide card technique. CD boots fine, I get past the disclaimer, and see my list of roms.

Now, when i select a rom, the disc spins up for a second, then stops completely, and the screen goes black and remains that way.

Do I need to add more roms? any insight?
    thanks

2. zerogod

zerogod Member

the rom could be corrupt, or, ifs its not that, press triangle to get to the menu and maybe change some video settings.. see if that works...

3. Shogunn

Shogunn Member

Well I'm pretty sure the roms aren't corrupt...It hanged with 5 different ones, and they all work fine on my computer.

The menu didn't change anything :-(

Its odd that with 10 roms I didnt even get a list of roms, and with 50 I get a list, but no play. Maybe with 100 it will work or something...just gotta find a good rom source.

4. zerogod

zerogod Member

dunno then... i got 2 discs 745 roms total working with a magic 5 chip.. works perfect... so sorry ican't help...

5. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

Are your roms zipped? Some emu's didn't support zip. And some of them did.. So try some roms both ways and see if that works for you..

Matt

6. stunn611

stunn611 Regular member

[bold]hey does anyone know where i can get Donkey Kong Country and Super Mario Bro roms for SNES_Station?

7. Shogunn

Shogunn Member

They aren't zipped.

Does the newer release of the software work better? Anyone have success using that version?

8. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

I would assume anything newer than the first beta would work better. What emulator are you using anyways? I dont think you ever mentioned it?

Matt

9. Maryela3

Maryela3 Guest

stunn61
    dude those are th easiest roms to download why dont you check at google and look or
    Super Mario Bros Snes roms also i have another question um i patched Star Ocean so now i can read it in english is there any problem if i put this rom on my Snes Station CD? i havent tried and i dont want to waste CD so thats why im asking
    Thanks and bye bye for the moment

10. elite67

elite67 Guest

Hi, i'm having problems with the new release of snes station (0.2.3) i've burnt bout'5 useless disc so far and gettin really peed off. I have a flip lid with swap magic 3.0 with a brand new SCHP5000x playstation when i make the cd image in this order in cdgenps2

SYSTEM.CNF
    SNES_EMU.ELF
    ROMS

then change the LBA value of SYSTEM.CNF to 12231 (I use over 100mb of roms in the creation) then burn with nero in disc at once mode or with cdrwin, when it comes time to boot i swap the disc for the cd-r the screen flicks to red and then hangs on a black screen everytime!!!!??? Please cld sum1 enlighten me on what i cld be doing wrong or is it snes station? the beta1 release incidently works fine!!

11. Shogunn

Shogunn Member

What do you mean what emulator i use?
    I'm just using snes station beta release 1. On my computer i use zsnes, but does that have anything to do with the snes station?

12. danker123

danker123 Member

I've also ran into the same problem as you shogunn, About like a 2-3 weeks ago my Snes Station disc worked fined. Then just a day ago I boot the snes with Swap Magic 3.0, swapped it with snes the menu and rom list comes up as usual but when I chose a rom it went to the black screen too. Anybody think it's the Swap Magic 3.0? 3 weeks ago I used Swap Magic 2.0 and it worked fine, but now the Swap Magic 2.0 won't even get the roms to work either. Any have a solution?

13. danker123

danker123 Member

Correction it does work with the Swap Magic 2.0, I believe the problem is Swap Magic 3.0 Anybody know how to fix it? No, trying the newer version of snes station doesn't work either. Any solutions?

14. Shogunn

Shogunn Member

OK I FOUND THE FIX!
    When you change the LBA to 12231 or whatever it is, you are changing it to work with GAMESHARK

Now i use gameshark to boot instead of swap magic and it works fine.