1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNES Station sound problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sephy, Jan 2, 2005.

1. sephy

sephy Guest

The sound in my SNES Station lags, and it slows the game down too. The sound mainly echoes and the gameplay goes slower than normal. I've burned twice, both good media. I use swap magic 3.3 and fliptop. Whats wrong

2. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

What games are you trying to play?

3. sephy

sephy Guest

I've had problems with all i've tried. Super mario allstars, Super metroid, Ultimate mortal kombat 3, Mario world. Every game i try echoes

4. sephy

sephy Guest

I tried FF5 and it really messed up.. Ugh i cant get this right

5. sephy

sephy Guest

bump, someone said something about PAL and NTSC...does that have anything to do with it? I dont know what my ps2 is, if its PAL or NTSC, and i dont know if the roms i have are pAL or NTSC, how do i find out

6. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

If you live in Japan, U.S., or Canada, you're likely NTSC, otherwise probably PAL. As for your SNES ROMs, do a net search for SNES header tools. You should find some that will analyze the cartridge header and display the country of origin for each individual ROM.

7. sephy

sephy Guest

I know, but for example, FFV is an NTSC rom, and it lags on my game and the sound still echoes, even though i have a US PS2, i think <_< , i live in the US...

8. sephy

sephy Guest

bump!

9. Icemonkey

Icemonkey Active member

Some other possibilities: Are you burning the CD-ROM using Mode 2/XA and also, are your ROMs interleaved or de-interleaved? There could be performance issues if the ROMs are interleaved.

10. sephy

sephy Guest

I dont even know what interleaved is :-/ please help

11. sephy

sephy Guest

bump again, im sorry for all teh double posts!

12. alphatech

alphatech Member

Its a common problem with Snes Station, the problem doesnt specifically lie in whether its NTSC or PAL. The sound lags on my system aswell, and some games get to a certain point where there's a lot going on and just freezes the picture, until you get past all the movement. There isn't any fix for this.

13. sephy

sephy Guest

oh, ok thanks. ALso i realized that if you turn off sound, it doesnt lag, but still...games need music :(