1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snes-Station - Trouble.

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by davedumb, Sep 11, 2004.

1. davedumb

davedumb Guest

hi, thanks for all the help on this so far.
    Originally, I was told to use CDgenPS2 to create the CD. Which I got but my disc didnt boot.

I finally erad a guide on here. Using NERO I burned it with about 30 games on it.

It now boots up to the opening "disclaimer screen" but then the screen goes black and nothing happens.

Is it because of my Rom Names: ie. Are they too long? on that gamebase.ca site it mentions the name length but it aint very specific.

Anybody.....

2. lucifer69

lucifer69 Regular member

yeah try to short the roms names and also put your games in folder that will help to because i was having the same problem

3. shola

shola Guest

Can anyone of you explain that to me how can i get the snes game to play on my ps2.i think my ps2v10 don't play cd-r so could i burn it to a dvd-r some kind of way.Well really i need setps on how to create the whole thing

4. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

I am not sure,but maybe if it is compiled in Sony cd/dvd generator it could be compiled to a dvd.The other thing is that the LBA of the disc would have to be changed to the Swap Magic dvd.I am just guessing on this,but if anybody wants to try yeah it might work.Then open up Nero Burning Rom and when the menu pops up just click on Open on the far bottom right of the menu and choose your .iso file.If you want to get the images to .iso from Sony cd/dvd gen I use dos also which is command lines to make it a .iso file.I was also thinking could it work if you open up Nero Burning Rom and in the menu click on Open on the far bottom right.I think they give you a choice on choosing CD or DVD I can always choose between them.I can choose DVD from there and it will be able to burn to a Dvd disc.I am just using ideas I have never tested it out,but I will sooner or later.

Peace L-Burna

5. [iD]EG6

[iD]EG6 Regular member

Dude, it doesn't work on a DVD, it's like somewhere in the FAQS

6. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Nah I don't believe that man it is possible.I can name numerous things that are on Dvd that are originally on cd,doesn't mean that it can't be put on Dvd.The point is cd is alot easier to make than Dvd.I would still like to try it and see if I can prove the faqs wrong though man,even know I am not sure if it works.I still like to challenge myself all the time.

7. shola

shola Guest

OK i have a prob. im working with swap magic not a mod. i did it like this open cdgenps2
    1 system.cnf
    2 snes_emu.elf

ok when i put my roms file in it change to
    1.roms
    2.system.cnf
    3.snes_emu.elf
    how do i rename my roms? i have ckrename
    I know that roms have to go last but it trips everytime i pt it in cdgenps2..and what is goodsnes for im working with windows xp and it wont load.Better yet if you have a image of some snes station games could you send me some..terrick001@aol.com i would appreciate it
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Shola Johnson[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2004
  8. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Done...for all the people that want to put the SNES on a DVD it can be done.This is proof right here http://www.gamebase.ca/gamebase/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5081 .If you look here you can view that it is true you can actually compile the SNES on Dvd.The site only lets registered users see what is said on the forums,but for those that can't view it this is what is said in the forum and gives you the links to look at how to compile the SNES to DVD:

teh_apple
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 - 06:10 AM Reply with quote Back to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------How------
    This assumes that you have a mod chip, or some other form of booting burned cds/dvds.

Open Nero ( I used 6.something ), and start a basic DVD ISO. Drop in: SNES_EMU.ELF , SYSTEM.CNG , and your ROMS folder. Burn it as slow as you can. Now pus it in, load it up ( If you have a chip ), or if you're a soft-mod person ( Like me. ): Load up PS2Menu, and put in a DVD based game with a Bigger TOC than your SNES Station DVD. Then load up the COG Swap ELF, and swap* out the DVD for the SNES Station DVD. ----OR---- Put in a DVD based game with a Bigger TOC than your SNES Station DVD, and swap* it out for the SNES Station DVD. Then load SNES Station ELF from the MC. It should read the DVD in the drive if everything went ok.

------What I did------
    I burned it all the same...But me being a soft-mod person ( I use exploits ), I swap out the DVD and load the ELF with PS2Menu. My first SNES Station DVD is about 4.2 ( I think that’s the safe point ) gigs. I use GTA: Vice city for my High TOC DVD game.

------Star things------
    Swap - Get it into the ps2 by means of Slide card, or flip-top.

------Questions?------
    Post a reply back, or drop me an email at: Bagers@gmail.com

[vEX]
    Administrator

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 - 11:22 AM Reply with quote Back to top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    As soon as people start confirming that this works I'll make it a sticky.

teh_apple
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 12, 2004 - 12:53 PM Reply with quote Back to top

It has worked for me and my friend, Jon. We both use exploits to boot our stuff. I would go try it out on a modded ps2, but no one has one here.

MetalPumpkiN
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 16, 2004 - 04:19 PM Reply with quote Back to top

Something different...

Get the files from the Snes-Station website, extract to an empty folder.

Open DVD Scan Lite, select DVD-R, select ALL the files and folders that you just extracted, click "open". It might show you a message like:
    "file.ext doesn't seem to be a system file so there is no need to scan it. Are you sure you want to scan this file?". If you see this message, ALWAYS CLICK NO.

Now burn it with your roms to a DVD-R just as you would do with a CD-R...

ryderark
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 18, 2004 - 06:42 PM Reply with quote Back to top

Then... no Roms at all in the Roms folder. I read some time ago that SNEStation couldn't read Roms on a DVD because it didn't have the suitable libraries. Is that right?

Regards.

MetalPumpkiN
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 19, 2004 - 12:29 PM Reply with quote Back to top

ryderark wrote:
    Then... no Roms at all in the Roms folder. I read some time ago that SNEStation couldn't read Roms on a DVD because it didn't have the suitable libraries. Is that right?

Regards.

As fas as I know, it is not right...

ryderark
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 03:11 PM Reply with quote Back to top

Well, this is what I read sometime ago:

http://www.gamebase.ca/gamebase/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4780
    http://www.gamebase.ca/gamebase/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4995
    http://www.gamebase.ca/gamebase/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4686

So almost all the people who have tried to burn a DVDR with the emulator and ROMS have failed to get it read the ROMS folder (me too). Now at last you say you can boot the emulator and READ the roms on the same DVDR. What's the step you do which nobody did before? Cause that could make the difference in case...

Kind regards.

MetalPumpkiN
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 20, 2004 - 03:31 PM Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I don't know what's the problem...
    I would try to create a dummy file, so that the compilation is 3Gb+, but I'm out of DVDR discs...

teh_apple
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 06:37 PM Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
    So almost all the people who have tried to burn a DVDR with the emulator and ROMS have failed to get it read the ROMS folder (me too). Now at last you say you can boot the emulator and READ the roms on the same DVDR. What's the step you do which nobody did before? Cause that could make the difference in case...

I posted everything I have done. If anyone needs me to do it all over again, so I can make notes of everything, I will.

Mcnut
    Gamebase Moderator

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 07:15 PM Reply with quote Back to top

I believe this has to do with the difference between using a modchip and swapping. With PS1 (and I think PS2 therefor) you didn't have to worry about liscencing the disc when you used a disc swap method, but you do when you use a modchip because the liscence is read off the original disc in the swap method...

teh_apple
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 09:32 PM Reply with quote Back to top

I dont know anything about that :p. Maybe I should save up and get a chip so I can work with it. :-/

fxxked
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 22, 2004 - 10:19 PM Reply with quote Back to top

Through a dialog with teh_apple

We came up with this how-to:

Load the SNES EMU off of anything.

When the menu is there and annoyingly reporting no ROMS or directories

1) you simply press SELECT.

2) Insert the big TOC disc( make sure you do it the proper way, using the eject button )

3) Then when it stops spinning after reading the TOC( in which it never does, you will have to trick it out, be careful; make sure it does not behave like a UFO ), use some swap magic or black magic to insert the disc without opening the tray, slide card or lid top.

4) Then press X, and all the ROMS from the DVD show up.

teh_apple
    n00b!!!

Posted: Aug 31, 2004 - 05:38 AM Reply with quote Back to top

That should help with ps2 version 7 and up. Anyone else care to try it out that way?

ryderark
    n00b!!!

Posted: Sep 01, 2004 - 08:58 PM Reply with quote Back to top

So you mean that the only way to load ROMs on a DVD is to use a swapping method anyway. Am I right?. I didn't say it before, but I boot up my PS2 with a Messiah 1.0. So, shall I have to look for a swapping disk (which I don't own right now, by the way)?

Regards.

teh_apple
    n00b!!!

Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 05:10 AM Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not real sure what you mean. I dont use swap cds if thats what you mean. I used a friend's swapmagic to install PS2MENU as my exploit. You only need a psone game to boot the exploit, and a high TOC DVD game to use for the DVD. I hope this helps you on what I mean. I'll be working on a new post when I get free time...School sucks :p.

ryderark
    n00b!!!

Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 07:20 PM Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, sorry, my last message wasn't about your post. I said that because of fxxked post:

Quote:
    Load the SNES EMU off of anything.

When the menu is there and annoyingly reporting no ROMS or directories

1) you simply press SELECT.

2) Insert the big TOC disc( make sure you do it the proper way, using the eject button )

3) Then when it stops spinning after reading the TOC( in which it never does, you will have to trick it out, be careful; make sure it does not behave like a UFO ), use some swap magic or black magic to insert the disc without opening the tray, slide card or lid top.

4) Then press X, and all the ROMS from the DVD show up.

I understand when he says "use some swap magic or black magic" that I need a Swap Magic Disk, right? That's what people use to boot their PS2s without a modchip (Swap Magic, Action Replay, Game Shark...), and that's the reason I said I wouldn't be able to follow the steps, cause I don't own a Boot Disc of any kind.

Regards.

fxxked
    n00b!!!

Posted: Sep 02, 2004 - 08:44 PM Reply with quote Back to top

When I say Black Magic it refers to getting your homebrew in without using the eject button.

So Swap Magic in this case refers to the method used, not the Swap Magicâ„¢ products.

Peace L-Burna