1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SNES Station

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Caddie, Nov 8, 2004.

1. Caddie

Caddie Member

Hi im new to the backing up video games scene but I was wondering about snes station. I heard you can play snes roms on the playstation. I did a search on the forums and it didnt bring anything back. So if you can help me out either in a pm or in here I will be grateful.

Thank You

2. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

3. teggy

teggy Regular member

Hmm, iv been looking for a link to that. However, with my ps2 failing to read the swap magic cd v3.00 after numerous attempts with friends cd's aswell, will I be able to put snes station onto dvd-r?

And can you put roms onto the same disc as the emulator?

4. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Dont know how you can put it on dvdr>? but ive heard its possible.
    The roms can be on the same disc as the snes emu.

5. teggy

teggy Regular member

Hmm to risk a coaster or not, cuz the dvd-r's I have at the mo cost £18 for 10, or £10 for 5.

Wonder if someone here would try who can afford to lose one dvd-r if it dnt work.

6. modchip

modchip Guest

That guide only give's a little bit of info. I'm trying to figue out if I need to put all of my snes roms in 1 folder and include it with the 2 or so other files that you have to burn to the disk.

If anyone has done this before or has more detailed info please post it, I hate wasting disks and won't attempt this until i get a little more info.

If someone plans on making a new snes disk use ctrl+print screen and post screen pics, like a step by step tutorial. That would be great! But any info would be helpful.

7. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Put the roms in one folder modchip.
    Theres a great newbie guide somewhere in the forums for snes-station, I saw it a while back ....search and you might just find it...

8. modchip

modchip Guest

thanks i'll keep an eye out for it

9. punx777

punx777 Regular member

your laser probly needs adjusting.... will it play an audio cd or a purple bottom game? if not, im sure its just out of adjustment, well i got to get to playin halo 2:)

10. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

@ punx777
    lol, you seem lost man?

11. teggy

teggy Regular member

Would snes station boot with Breaker Pro?
    I might get that for my ps1 backups, more than likely it wont work on my ps2 as it has trouble reading PS1 games and brings me to the red mist >.< Only a select few work, my sis's BF's PS2 read PS1 games, but when I lived with them, I swapped mine with his to play ps1 games, then he sold his(mine) but it didnt read PS1 games so he got it back and sold mine(his).

Anyways point is, will Snes station work on PS1 if or could someone who has got it working on CD try it on DVD. Only if you have enough DVD-R's to do it, if it works then you can do it again and put more roms on the dvd.

12. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

Breaker Pro wont work teggy.
    Why are you paying so much for blank dvds?
    I buy a 25cakebox of verbatim +r for £12.99
    £18 for 10 discs is a ripoff mate...

Anyway, i think it was L-Burna who has info on how to get snes-station working on dvd-r.
    Give him a buzz and he might be able to help you with your problem.

13. punx777

punx777 Regular member

i was talking to teggy

anyway, you can just throw all the files they give you onto the disk(no order if you have a chip), and you can either put your roms in there with the rest of the files, or in folders, i had a whole pis load of roms and i put them each in a folder with a letter, (a,b,c)

14. teggy

teggy Regular member

Yes I know, its expensive. I needed a fix to check out the backups. I haven't had a chance to get to my computer store cuz it closes at 5pm and i'm still in work.

And punx77, it reads metal gear solid and ff8 ps1 games, it doesnt read time crisis, project titan, FF7, FForigins or SFA3 it recognises them as audio cd's. and swap magic cd v3.0 just won't boot at all.

Oh yeah, it does read audio cd's and I'v only ever had one purple bottom game 'SSX' and it read it ok, although the ps2 did make a huge amount of noise it could be heard whirring all the way downstairs.

And back to snes station on dvd-r, I am using swap magic and slide so I know files need to goin order for the actual emu, where can I get a hold of Lburna, is he on this forum?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
  15. teggy

teggy Regular member

Ok I messaged L-Burna, is he on often?

About punx77 suggestion to adjust the laser, could the laser be the problem with the PS1 games/Swap Magic cd not booting. If so how do I adjust it?

I don't plan to be backing up purple bottom games(don't have any) so I don't really need it. But i'l need to have my ps2 laser reading PS1 backups if I want breaker pro to work as my PS1 is defunct, it doesn't read FF8(gets to a fight and freezes) and SFA3 on my ps1 the sound cuts out and the disc starts to spin incredibly fast so it basically sucks.

16. punx777

punx777 Regular member

well yeah thats probably it, id try an audio cd first, and if that doesnt boot im sure an adjustment will fix it. http://www.cyber-mag.com/station/laserPS2.htm you can fallow that, the first part at least.. but note that the white disk you spin may be in a different spot,

17. teggy

teggy Regular member

And if an audio cd does boot, and some ps1 games and swap magic cd dont?

Cuz all I really want it for is if snes station wnt go on dvd. i messaged L-Burna and am awaiting reply, but il check that link out.
    Thanks punx :)

18. jonjakjam

jonjakjam Regular member

tegg, what version Ps2 you got?
    I heard Swap Magic cd doesnt work on certain ps2 versions, even if you adjust the laser it wont work man.

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

The method you will want to follow is putting the SNES station on memory card(it is the only way you will be able to launch Dvd from it that I know of without the actually disc freezing up).Then compiling your disc to Dvd-R or so forth,making sure you add the SNES station files along with your Roms folder.The first thing you do is put the memory card exploit on your memory card,make sure you have SNES_EMU.ELF on your memory card.When you launch the Exploit go to SNES_EMU.ELF and click on it.It will launch the SNES station.After doing so press the Select button.It will ask you to insert a disc.You will want to insert the Swap Magic Dvd disc,and can also be used in vice versa if it is a Cd-R just use the Swap Magic Cd-R.When the screen refreshes press the Select button again which prompts you to change discs,but instead use your fliptop,slidecard etc...swap method there if you don't have a modchip.I hope this helps out and gives more clue of what to do.I think the site to look at the method of booting Dvd off SNES station can be found here http://www.gamebase.ca/gamebase/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=5081 ,but it is a register site.

20. teggy

teggy Regular member

jonjakjam my PS2 is a v5 or 6.

Lburna, I looked at that site, and tbh it confussed me. But your post right there made more sense, all I need is info on gettin the mem card exploit working and where to get the snes elf files and any other files I need to put on the mem card.

But is the exploit really needed? as the exploit is for booting backups with ps1 games... My ps2 doesnt like ps1 games or my swap magic cd, it is perfectly fine for dvd swap magic and dvd backups. So if the exploit is needed and goes onto cd-r I might not be able to boot it. Can the exploit be installed off of DVD-R and is it needed if my swap magic dvd is working fine?

Sorry for the amount of questions.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004