1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

snes9xTYL 42 help slim

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by rcmich, Dec 20, 2007.

1. rcmich

rcmich Member

hi trying to get snes9xTYL working on psp slim. it shows up under game-memory card but when loading it stops and gives error code 801xxxxetc and folder with roms shows up as corrupted?
    do i have to put roms in roms folder inside emu folder? i tried this still doesnt work.
    I updeated to fw 3.73 before i decided to try emu's on here do i have to downgrade? do i need program to copy roms over?
    please help

2. EEE31

EEE31 Regular member

I heard that emulators didnt work on the slim versions yet. Something about not being able to drop the firmware version to 1.5. You may need to get yourself a fat PSP if you want to play the SNES and other systems.

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

You need to have custom firmware installed to play Emulators. official firmware can not do it.

There are Emulators that have been ported to the SLIM. Go HERE for a list of Emulators and Homebrew that will and will not work on the SLIM.

But first you need to install custom firmware onto the PSP.

You will need to create a Pandora Battery + Magic memory stick so you can install Custom Firmware to your PSP SLIM.

If you have access or know someone that has a custom firmware PSP then use this guide HERE to create the Pandora Battery + Magic Memory Stick.

If you don't have access to a custom firmware PSP then use this guide HERE. You will need to buy a Datel Tool battery or Hardmod your battery if it is a compatible battery that can be hardmodded.