1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow White AVI to DVD Problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by alfapaul, Nov 23, 2004.

1. alfapaul

alfapaul Member

Hi Guys,

Finally got hold of Snow White and Seven Dwarfs in avi format. Desperately want to put it onto DVD for backup more than anything else.

Length of film is 1hr 23mins yet when I'm encoding using TMPEnc, it is saying that it is encoding a video which is about 250min!! This means I've had to reduce bit rates so that new file size is not greater than 4.7GB. Any idea what I may be doing wrong? Process of encoding has only just begun so not sure what results will be. Any help is greatly appreciated

2. alfapaul

alfapaul Member

Anyone got any ideas?

3. wwfbeef

wwfbeef Member

Paul there is a better way.First of all delete that software that you are using. Now you are ready. The software that you need that will take your AVI format to DVD is NEO DVD. I said NEO DVD not NERO DVD. That's right this software will take AVI,mpeg,and other formats right to DVD. This stuff rocks! I use this and this is the best. I have been looking for something like this for a long time and now I have it. This software will make your DVD burning a lot easier. Enjoy.

4. alfapaul

alfapaul Member

Cheers wwfbeef. PC finshed encoding earlier using that TMPGEnc and results were no sound and two extra hours of a blank screen at end of DVD. I think I will therefore take your advice and try NeoDVD. Does anyone else have any other advice before I try this rather long process again?

5. wwfbeef

wwfbeef Member

Hey, I have been there. Once you use this software you will not try anything else. Two of my friends are now using this software and they said this is the best software that they have ever used. You can take an AVI movie and switch it to DVD in less than one 1/2 hours or faster.