1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so a TA-082(IC1003) PSP IS possible to downgrade right?

Discussion in 'Sony Handhelds' started by Kyin01, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Kyin01

Kyin01 Regular member

now IF IT IS and I am currently at 1.5 with a TA-082(IC1003) PSP

can I use the 3.4oe-a easy installer to upgrade my psp?

and IF THAT works, can I go back to 1.5 from 3.4oe-a using the recovery menu and 1.5EBOOT WITHOUT any complications or a special method?

2. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Do you even read the readmes? Every custom firmware works on any motherboard.. there was only 1 or 2 downgraders that wouldn't work on TA-082. And no there will still be complications if you brick your PSP. When installing recovery or updating to 3.40 OE-A.

3. Kyin01

Kyin01 Regular member

what about downgrading back to 1.5 from a custom firmware?

4. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

You install the 1.5 recovery. You won't want to though, because 3.40 OE-A is 1.50 firmware and 3.40 + a ton of other features. Like being able to play downloaded games, run homebrew applications, and change the PSP menu or the XMB.

The only reason you want to go back to 1.50 is if you bricked your PSP. Usually semi-brick, which even then i usually fix myself. I never have had to use the 1.50 recovery.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2007
  5. Kyin01

Kyin01 Regular member

well i know that I won't go back to 1.5 but i'm saying in the future if I need to go back to 1.5 to go to another custom or some new feature that is only available on 1.5, I want to be able to do that.

Can I downgrade safly back to 1.5 from an OE firmware with a TA-082 PSP?
    Is it the exact same method I use with a non TA-082 PSP?