1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, Apparently I Should Update My NEC 2100AD Drive..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Xoamyf, Apr 7, 2007.

1. Xoamyf

Xoamyf Member

But It's never all that simple, is it?

Okay first off, I know what firmware I need to download. (2100@2500 patch found here:http://tdb.rpc1.org/#ND2100A)

Then I need to install it. Simple enough. But when I run the .EXE, I get some kind of MS-DOS error and I can't update it. Any help?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Which one are you trying to flash though...stock or TDB? The TDB should include a flasher I believe.

3. Xoamyf

Xoamyf Member

"2100A to 2500A, Allows burning of -R media. Supplied as a binary. This is the 2500A 1.06 firmware patched to work on a 2100A, and includes RPC1 and Rip Lock patch. 2100 @ 2500 1.06"

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Check out this site and scroll down to the comments section for ofbarea's feedback from Costa Rica,mentioning Dean & Liggy's:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdwriters...&hddvdrom=&orderby=Name&hits=50&Search=Search

There's a couple different NEC 2100A's. 1 being a Dell OEM drive and the other is the Fujitsu/Siemen's OEM drive-totally different firmware versions. Not sure if that'll have any affect on your particular drive and the the crossflashing.

5. Xoamyf

Xoamyf Member

If it helps any, this drive came built-in with my computer.

6. Xoamyf

Xoamyf Member

I tried installing it again earlier, but I got the same DOS error as earlier. What do I do to get rid of it?