1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so close

Discussion in 'PS2' started by G-4CE, Feb 5, 2003.

1. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

hello i got the ricoh dvdrw/r for christmas and i havent made a sucessful ps2 backup yet i made one using alcohol 120% (trail version) but it didnt play in my ps2 i used packard bell r discs and i dont no what chip ive got and my ps2 is SPCH30003 model what am i doin wrong and is it the discs _X_X_X_X_X_[small]D.COPELAND[/small]

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

How do you know, if you don't know what chip you have, that it can boot DVD PS2 game backups ??
    Also I heard the trial version of Alcohol 120% is no good, get the full version.

The ricoh is a DVD+r/+rw writer, but I am not really sure if you got yourself enough info on the ricoh !
    You are probably lucky because only versions 4 and up will boot DVD+r. Your Ps2 is a version 4,5 or 6. I guess you never checked this ! and almost got a DVD writer that wouldn't work for your system...!!!

3. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

i never botherd asking when it was put in cuz i was quite young and i didnt realy care and i have just purchased the full version of alcohol and a trail pack of blank dvds from blankdiscshop.co.uk i dont want to try again till the discs come cuz the packard bell ones cost me £23 for 5 and ive already wasted 2 also on alcohol i noticed you cud change the data type to ps2 disc but when i did i clicked ok then went back in and it changed it back to audio cd is that ok.and how cum the first game i copied sucessfully didnt work ive been dyin to get this right since christmas

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Look, you can copy whatever DVD you like but untill you do not know what modchip is inthere (mayby it won't boot DVD copies), it's possible that you can't boot them at all !

or you need to swap with Action Replay or GameShark or Swap Magic disk if it's a no solder mod chip....

This is the main question here !

A succesfull copied game doesnot mean it will boot like an original. To boot DVD copies you NEED a modchip that boots DVD copies !

Last edited: Feb 6, 2003
  5. G-4CE

G-4CE Regular member

sorry i forgot to say last time i no it can cuz i own other dvd bacups and it needs a boot disc which i use dvd region x or just my memory card disc