1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so confused... please help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by thunderr, Mar 16, 2007.

1. thunderr

thunderr Member

Hello, I'm completely new to PSP stuff and I would like to run ISO, PSX and different emulators on my PSP...

From what I gather there are many different firmware versions and many different apps... My PSP software is version 2.6 I have not yet updated or installed anything on it. Could someone PLEASE tell me or reffer me to a guid that CLEARLY lists everything I need to do step by step to set everything up.

I'm sure there are different custom firmware, and different apps that do the same things, I'm looking for the most comonly used one that gets the job done... In many posts that I have read people start arguing about which is better and end up giving all sorts of opinions on which versions they like better... That only confuses me (or anyone who is new to the stuff) more...

Please note that I have no idea even how to go about updating my firmware... please tell me what I need from scratch - everything from windows software to PSP apps...

Also, I keep seeing things about GTA... do I NEED the GTA game to be able to play ISO/PSX/Emulator games on the psp? and what exactly do you mean by unpatched GTA and how can I find one?

If you do not feel like explaining everything please reffer me to a guide that clearly explains everything for people who have no idea what the hell is going on...

Thank you!!!

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Lol... seeing as you asked so eloquently and politely... here you go..

Use this thread as a guide to downgrade

[edit] make sure to check what motherboard you have

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/389016

Be patient it takes a while to open. You would be better off upgrading to 2.71 and then downgrading from there so you don't need GTA to get the job done.

Once you have downgraded use Hex's winstalled to go to 3.03oec custom firmware, this will do it all for you then you will be good to go.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/460892

Any questions then just ask. someone will be able to help you.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2007
  3. thunderr

thunderr Member

oh no... mine has a TA-082 motherboard and the guide says its only for PSPs without a TA-082 motherboard... does that mean there is no way for me to play ISO/PSX/Emulators?

Thanks for the response btw :)

4. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

no you can still downgrade, but you will need to use a different method...

I'm sure someone can direct you to a guide to do so. I will have a look about to see if I can find it.

5. thunderr

thunderr Member

Ok, I found a way to downgrade my 2.6 to 1.5... so... to be able to play ISO/PSX/Emulators on my PSP - My goal is to get it to FW1.5?

In other words, once I get my PSP to FW1.5 i'll be all set regardless of the motherboard?

when I do downgrade it, will it still play all the newest games?

6. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

7. thunderr

thunderr Member

all right!! Now I have dark alex's 3.03OE-C Installed on my PSP...

How do I go about runing PSP-ISO, PSX-ISO, and installing emulators?

Thanks a lot for your help so far btw!!

8. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

just put ISO's in the ISO folder and PSX games in the /PSP/GAME folder