1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So does anyone REALLY know what the difference is ????

Discussion in 'PS2' started by baabaa, Jul 2, 2003.

1. baabaa

baabaa Active member

As the title.

What is the ACTUAL difference between the v1-v7 and the Ubicom magic 3.1 mods????????

And who manufactures the v1-v7?

And who programs these devices up?

From my experience, if you have an unprotected program, then you can easily clone the information and transfer to another device - if you have the reader/programmer.

So if this is what has happened, the program will be the same.

Now I have the Ubicom versions and have had NO issues with them so far (touch wood).

Could anyone shed any light to these rumours - or is there ANY real problem with them, or is it some sort of marketing ploy??????????????

2. bddarkman

bddarkman Regular member

Quick note, China-Magic (team magic) no longer directly produces their chips, but has 2 companies that create them. The chips are identical to the older magic3.1 fire red chips that had the v1-v7 on them but the newer chips do not have the v1-v7. They are flashed by China-Magic and come from their suggested/recommended dealer.

THIS was posted on site where I buy my chips

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Thanks for that, I have just had the following response from my supplier:

Thank you for your recent email.
    You are correct in that we get a lot of email about this.

Our fist batch of mods arrived with the sticker on them though we did change suppliers a few months ago.
    Since the switch the mods no longer have the sticker on them and some would argue that these are clones.
    There are so many different manufacturers of this type of device its very hard to keep up with who the original developer or manufacturer is.

However, we haven't ever had any cause for complaint as the chip works flawlessly.
    Its the code in the chip that does all the work, not the colour or shape of the PCB used.
    Its even possible to download the current code and make your own chips.....

All i can say is that the chips that we sell are guaranteed to do what the were designed for and if there's every any problems them, we are happy to replace them..

What is interesting is the part about downloading the code......

I for one have had no issues with the Ubicom and shall continue to use them until a possible problem arises.

Thanks again bddarkman....

4. baabaa

baabaa Active member