1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So....DVD Cloner 2....Problems...

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by doc4eva11, Jan 5, 2005.

1. doc4eva11

doc4eva11 Member

Hey all, caught this website on a google search earlier today and just registered. I got the free version of DVD Cloner 2 a while ago and was able to burn DVD+RW just fine but no DVD-R. Well I bought the full version last night for $60 and I'm still having the same problems.

The media I'm using is Memorex, for both DVD+RW and DVD-R discs. I also recieved newegg DVD-Rs when I purchased the DVD burner from the website and those are giving me the same problem the Memorex DVD-Rs gave me. I keep getting a Burn Failed, Try Again message.

The drive I'm using is a Sony DRU-710A. Newegg.com runs pretty decent deals on it almost every week so I picked it up plus it was regarded by Maximum PC as the optical drive of the year.

I read that there have been complaints about DVD Cloner/Nero compatibility. Nero came with the Sony software but uninstalled all the Nero crap earlier today, still the same deal.

I'm new to this whole deal, and if this isn't worked out here shortly I plan on getting my $$ from DVD Cloner, I guess they have a 30-day guarantee. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm browsing the board and it seems like this is the place to be for advice/help.

2. lex681

lex681 Member

If your burner supports DVD+RW blank dvds, then it can't burn a movie onto a DVD-R....sure you have the right media for your burner?

3. doc4eva11

doc4eva11 Member

4. doc4eva11

doc4eva11 Member

The DVD-Rs I've been using are 4x. That doesn't matter does it? I mean, you can use different times with a CD burner, so DVDs should be the same, right? Or wrong?

5. lex681

lex681 Member

Personally, I've never had a problem with the speeds, so that shouldn't matter. Have you used memorex media before? They can be kinda cheesey, I first started out using those and it was a nightmare. You shouldn't have a problem between the cloner and Nero if you uninstalled it (I did the same thing). Are the discs you're using single or double layer? Since if you look on the box it says "DVD+R single layer". Sorry if I'm not being much help. Have you tried the "movie only" or "split-discs" options?

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

The speed of your media is OK and you can burn -R blanks. The problem is Memorex media at the present time is considered junk. They buy from companies that manufacture very poor quality media. I'm not sure where Newegg media would fall since I haven't heard much on it. Download this tool which will tell you what company made the blanks. If Newegg shows the same as the Memorex its junk too. Try some Ritek or Verbatim blanks.
    http://www.dvdinfopro.com.

Since you already have Nero, download DVD Shrink to rip and compress your dvd movies and burn back with Nero. Shrink is FREE.

Jerry

7. AWMJr.

AWMJr. Member

I've used DvD Cloner 2 for some months now and have only had problems when using memorex media, I switched to Fuji and all has been find

8. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

i agree here that this sounds like a media issue . memorex are considered land fill material . i have the same burner . these burners do all of the formats including dual layer . do you have INCD installed which is part of nero ? if so uninstall this as this software is known to cause these kind of problems . on nero's site there is a clean tool to remove all traces of incd . hope this helps

9. doc4eva11

doc4eva11 Member

Thanks a bunch, today at work I'll pick up some Verbatim DVD-Rs and give it a whirl. You guys rock, I had no idea Memorex was considered so weak. If I have any problems I'll update this thread.

Thanks again, guys!

10. doc4eva11

doc4eva11 Member

just bought some Verbatim and still no dice. This is ticking me off now.

11. JanetLeo

JanetLeo Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2006
  12. doc4eva11

doc4eva11 Member

Freakin firmware. It burnt to the Verbatim discs after I updated my firmware. I'm gonna see if I can burn to the Memorex discs just to get rid of them then I'll stick with Verbatim. Only problem is the DVD player in my room won't pick up the Verbatim disc but it picked up the Memorex DVD+RW disc.