1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So frustrated . In need of assistance

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by heeven, Nov 24, 2007.

1. heeven

heeven Member

ive been trying all the memory card programs so i can transfer saves.. thing is that they require CD R... and my ps2 has problems with CDR.. is there any way i can transfer saves without using a CDR disc? can someone point me to the right direction.. ive seriously used like 40 CDR discs trying to get the ps2 to read the programs but all it does is make a horrible scratching noise..

i dont use swap magic, i have a chipped ps2.. and i dont know what kind of chip i have lol

2. schweet

schweet Guest

What's the brand of the CDRs you're using?

3. heeven

heeven Member

im using sony cd-r

.. i would much rather use dvd's is it possible? and can i get a link to somewhere where it gives me step by step instructions?

4. comminup

comminup Regular member

i get my game saves online and i use the action replay max w/usb flash card to get them onto my mem card

5. schweet

schweet Guest

What exactly are you trying to do? Transfer saves to a PS2 HDD or another memory card or a PC?

6. heeven

heeven Member

im trying to transfer saves from pc to ps2 memory card using a dvd disc, cus my ps2 doesnt play CD-R.. Action Replay uses a CDR. =(

I have a usb, and blank dvd's ready if someone can point me to instructions. :).. Also i have a chipped Ps2, i dont use swap discs

7. smokyrain

smokyrain Senior member

Ok cool, then by clicking my name on the left you can download my Ulaunch 4.12 ISO(ulaunch 4.12.7z.001 file) from my folder, that you can burn to DVD and then follow this guide from Steps 1-9.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/366481

Last edited: Nov 24, 2007
  8. heeven

heeven Member

thanks a million! i owe you one!