1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So games should load faster right?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by ruffryd20, Feb 21, 2008.

1. ruffryd20

ruffryd20 Member

Just curious by modding my psp, and then also increasing the cpu speed and running games from the memory card should have the games load times decreased dramatically, no?

Really what is the advantage of upping the cpu speed, is it just for load times or does it help some other way.

Perfect example if I were to take my copy of Midnight club 3 dub addition (HORRIBLE LOAD TIMES) Then put it on my MS will those load times be decreased by alot?

Thanks

EDIT:unfortunately can't edit the topic name, typo.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008
  2. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

loading times are decreased big time when running games off the memory stick. increasing the speed will make it load faster, and help stop lag, but your tradeoff is battery life.

but increasing the speed, and running a umd disc will reduce battery life big time.

3. ruffryd20

ruffryd20 Member

Now if it were plugged in though it would be fine right, there is not added strain or anything on the battery and its recharging capabilities?

Thanks again for you help

Oh and what about official firmware have they even enabled the added cpu speed yet as an choice at least for people to change?

Last edited: Feb 21, 2008