1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So how does a Fliptop mod actually work??

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by imsjry, Jun 26, 2007.

1. imsjry

imsjry Member

Ok. I have a 75001 PS2. I ordered Swap Magic and a new fliptop to install. Since the unit already has a fliptop, what does the new fliptop acomplish that the original doesn't? I don't get that part. When it is open, wont the sensers still be deactivated??

2. cycon0

cycon0 Member

A new fliptop accomplishes access to the disk drive to swap your disks. The fliptop is meant to be put on as a new top to your PS2. You will need to void your warranty by unscrewing the origional top off and installing the new one. The difference in the fliptop you ordered is that it has a button that opens up a disk-shaped cut out(while the base of the top is still closed/secured), and allows you to place your swap magic disk. This method is easier than using the "magic keys" set that blocks the sensors completely with plastic peices, while using the original Sony top.

I hope this answered your question.

3. imsjry

imsjry Member

So the new fliptop keeps the sensors depressed even when it is open? Is it better to use then the magic keys or the straw/tap mod?