1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So... I bought this new slim PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by FrozenOne, Sep 10, 2007.

1. FrozenOne

FrozenOne Member

My old PS2 died, so I decided I'll buy a new - V12 (PAL) slim one...
    TV - Siemens plasma (PAL/NTSC)
    It happened that I bought PS2 already chipped with Modbo chip.

The first bad thing what happened, this PS2 don't see my PSX memory card, I mean at all... PSX games load, at least some of original ones but memory card is unavailable, same happens with controller too.

If someone could tip me how (if it's possible)to fix this problem...

Another thing, when I bought this PS2 I had hope I could play NTSC games, seeing as I have everything needed. Indeed I can... games load normally and are playable only cinematic (and parts of games) are totally out of sync, scenes plays in random frames very fast and then I have a blank black screen and sound coming in fragments very slowly for long periods of time. It annoys me very much, because usually scenes where things are explained I miss... It's pretty much the same as playing Jap games, I don't know what's going on and I hate that.

I would like to know what causes that. I know nothing about that chip, but I googled, and from what I found, chip can't be causing this havoc.

Any help is appreciated.

2. stavstav

stavstav Guest

you can try to use swap magic dvd and change the "video mode"

ps2 slimline is designed specifically to NOT play other countries games or backups

of course it could be the chip or damage from the install of the chip

but if other games work correctly this is doubtful

3. stavstav

stavstav Guest

have you tried a different ps1 memory card?

i have v12 also and using mine fine.

have you tried it in slot 1?

your controller dosent work on ps1 games?????

hmm ... that is very strange... i guess it must be the chip causing your problems... it does not init them correctly at boot up

guess you will need to get a new slimline

4. stavstav

stavstav Guest

or why not use epsxe and connect it to your hdtv, to play psx games? thats what i do

and the graphics are awesome

you would need ps2 style pc controllers too of course