1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problem So I Bricked My JTAG

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by rushpage, Feb 6, 2015.

1. rushpage

rushpage Member

Have an original XBox 360 that I JTAGged back in 2010. I was attempting the avatar update yesterday so I could play some newer XBLA games (Yars' Revenge, How to Survive, etc.) and apparently have bricked it. :(

I'm was running 8995 and did the 8995 update via flash drive. Now, it powers on but I get no video, etc. and the control doesn't sync.

Since it's been 5 years since the JTAG, the original NAND and CPU key are long gone. My nifty CAT5 connector for reading them is still hanging out the back, tho! :)

Is there a way to put a "stock" NAND on it to revive it so I can "reJTAG" it or any other ways to bring it back from the dead?

Thank you, guys!

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

This comes up quite often over at realmodscene,it usually involves using the wrong dash version or a hacked kernal vs an official release,i can't explain it well so copy & paste all that you have written in the correct section here.With any luck it'll be a mismatch somewhere
    http://www.realmodscene.com/index.php?app=forums

would most probably be better to change title of the thread when you re-post like black screen after update or something along those lines,or add it after your original title if it'll fit

edit:can xell help,the dos type thing that you can boot to for whatever when you have a jtag,by the way whats this 8995,is that the dash version i didn't think you could jtag past version 7

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. rushpage

rushpage Member

About the dash number - yeah, not sure what to tell you. Again, did this some 5 years ago and just remember the basics of doing it (open box, make cable, solder, dump NAND, etc.). Once I started researching, I was surprised to see the "you can't JTAG after 7xxx" stuff. Not sure how I did it or if I updated after that at some point?

Damn fool - should have left well enough alone!

4. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Apparently there is a certain version of a 360 with x type of hardware that could be jtag'd even tho dash is v8.Turns out not all 360's can be jtag'd even with v7 dash depending on the hardware

Best to start from scratch & try again,however like i said do a re-post at realmods (they're part of the crowd that do LiNK fsd & unity (unity was formally jqe covers.net),swizzy will know what to do

if all else fails & if your console isn't a falcon or a jasper perhaps get a newer slim or new 360 & rgh it

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member