1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I can play Backed up GC Games on my Modded WII?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by Shan3018, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Shan3018

Shan3018 Guest

Is it true.. that I can play GC games which are backed up on DVD's on my modded Wii?

2. ninjapath

ninjapath Regular member

yea, only if you have a modchip. You could have checked on modchip site and they will tell you.

3. Shan3018

Shan3018 Guest

The site says it plays backed up gamecube games, but it doesn't say if they have to be backed up on GC DIsc of DVD.. i'm talking about wiikey btw..

4. NDarkness

NDarkness Regular member

Hm, I'm wondering this too. I have just installed my Wiikey and want to play backup GC games. Can you just burn the .iso files in a DVD or mini-DVD?

5. tyler1993

tyler1993 Regular member

yes, if you have the wiikey, you can play backup of GC games (most of them, at least). You create the ISO and burn on regular DVD-R/+R.

6. deussta

deussta Member

You can just burn them to standard DVD. There is a program out there that will allow you to put multiple games on one DVD (to conserve DVDs), but I haven't really heard whether this actually works or if there are issues.

Please note that there are some GC games that do not play well with the Wii key. Naruto games have issues. Even my originals don't play.

7. BrokexMan

BrokexMan Regular member

8. Shan3018

Shan3018 Guest

TBH, all the neintendo games are the only ones i'll be playing.. any problems with the first party GC games.. and can i play NTSC GC Games on a pal system with the Wiikey?