1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I got a

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by itstemo1, Mar 28, 2007.

1. itstemo1

itstemo1 Member

What would be a

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

Matrix Infinity Green Dot
    DMS4 Pro SE
    Crystal Pro 2.0
    Duo3 Gold (least expensive)

3. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

the list is ranked in order from top to bottom the last chip is still amazing.i own the duo3 but the ones above it just are more known and powerful.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

yep, i would agree with the list 100%, excluding the order. Which is best is really determined by what you want to do. For a slimline i would say, get the Crystal Chip V2.0
    I have a DMS4 Pro in mine and love it, but the main reason i got it was for the built in cheat device, and built in hard drive software that you can not use with a V15

The Crystal Chip V2.0 has a nice feature that will auto patch your back up games so you can play them online, it also has a megapack that you can download with other features.

The Duo3 Gold is for people who want just one thing, simply to play back up games with no hassle. It is much cheaper and very stable. Duo has been making good chips for the PS2 and Xbox for quite a while now, I have a DuoX2 in my Xbox and it works great. No big bells and whistles, just the basics. But what it does, it does well.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007
  5. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

no the order isnt wrong.its just that matrix and dms4 are tied and i guess i shouldve numbered.they are considered the best modchips because of firmware option and many other cool stuff.duo3 is a chip that you can get a good price for.crystal you dont need to patch dnas which is awesome so if you want online games and dont know how to patch with dnas code get the crystal.all modchips practically do the same thing except when it comes to lasting long don't buy any clones.i think modbo is a clone dont remember....

6. steimy

steimy Active member

yeah, Modbo, Magic V and some other are just cheap crap and i would never buy one. Most people who do are sorry later when they read that people are doing this or that , and it doesn't work for them.
    Or they get dupped with a modbo without knowing it (since it runs on old Matrix Infinity firmware) and think they have a Matrix chip. then fry their system when they try updating the firmware.
    BIGnewb, i didn't mean anything by the wrong order comment. What i meant is what you said. Out of those, 3 are pretty much the best you can get and will do 95 of the same functions. But it depends on which of the 5% functions you need as to which is best for you.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2007