1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So is there a "good" modchip for xbox360 yet? or is flashing the 360 still the way to go?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by vgaddict9, Apr 6, 2007.

1. vgaddict9

vgaddict9 Guest

As the title says....

2. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

flash the drive, less chance of making a brick out of 400 dollars worth of electronics.

3. vgaddict9

vgaddict9 Guest

YES SIR!! Mickie!!! Is it hard? because I don't think I have even have half a brain.....can I still do it?

4. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

yeah you can do it, if you cant i can, there are stickies on how to flash drives at the top of the page.

5. Kblake

Kblake Member

So easy. Once you read the Xbox Gudie for dummies (which is all over the site different places), get all the right things you need, and do a little research, its a very simple process. All together might take you an hour. Flashing is the way to go. Then if all else fails and you still have questions, these guys on here ALWAYS have helpful answers, sometimes they come off kind of rude (due to double/triple threads and common sense questions), but they will let you know what you need to do.

6. vgaddict9

vgaddict9 Guest

ok.....let's hope my house doesn't turn into a mushroom cloud...

7. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

lol yeah, i know i personally come off kinda A-holish sometimes but i see the same thing day after day so i get mad when people dont search, but most of the time after i tell them to search i help them out lol

lol if it does we all know that flashing dvd drives is not a safe method anymore

8. Blasterjk

Blasterjk Guest

Flashing will almost always be the way to go with the 360. It is VERY difficult to detect so little chance of being banned from XBL, some of the newer chips out have on-off switches but why bother with the 360? I soft modded my regular xbox and added a 200 gig hardrive for xbmc movies and games...now i have a good media machine...buy a regular xbox for 50 bucks and pimp that out instead. Chips for the 360 would only be worth the time if it allowed for an unlimited size hd considering the games are so large.

Just my two cents.

9. vgaddict9

vgaddict9 Guest

are there newer models of 360's out right now that will make it easier to flash? If I go buy a 360 today.....will I have any problems if I try to get a samsung type? Is samsung still the easier model to flash?

10. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

If you go buy today,may be you'll get the one which comes with the Benq drive which cannot be flashed yet.But there's another way to know which drive you will get,just look at the team name and lot number on the box and compare it with the list here.

Vincent.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2007
  11. vgaddict9

vgaddict9 Guest

thank you so much TY4ever.....when will the smart freaks come out with a modchip that makes everything so much easier..so I won't have to deal with this flashing crap....

12. TY4ever

TY4ever Regular member

You're welcome.Heyhey,with a modchip you'll then have to deal with the soldering crap which seems more risky unless you're pretty good at soldering very small stuffs with perfect precision.

Vincent.