1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...like...even when LT 2.0 comes out, does that mean all our old backups won't run?!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by AndrewAni, May 26, 2011.

1. AndrewAni

AndrewAni Member

So...like...even when LT 2.0 comes out, does that mean all our old backups won't run?!o_O I have almost 100 backups! Has the Spring 2011 update really caused AP25 to be applied to every single game like Black Ops was before?? That would mean almost 100 non-working disks, even after whenever LT 2.0 is ready!

Last edited: May 26, 2011
  2. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

yes this is the case. All backups will have AP2.5 on them after the spring dashboard updates have finished as the Table and AP2.5 scheme have been updated. You will have to repatch, reburn and have LT+2.0 if they are going to boot on the new dashboard. This has been confirmed by c4eva

3. AndrewAni

AndrewAni Member

That's horrible. I'm not even joking--seriously--when I say that Microsoft is even hurting the environment by doing this. Think about it: Tons of disks all over the world, in the junk-pile. :mad:

edit: And I read here that if we try to reflash to LT+ to override Microsoft's reflash, we risk being banned, so I guess we have to play actual copies until LT 2. I wonder how Microsoft can even -flash- our DVD Drives over the internet, when we have to take the console -apart- to do that.

4. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

I feel for you buddy

1) Reflashing wont get you banned. It just wont work since jungleflasher doesnt recognise what the new stock firmware is.
    2) You can only play originals if your on new dashboard as stock firmware doesnt allow the booting of backups.
    3) Microsoft probably made their own version of jungleflsher that flashes your dvd drive firmware while your doing the dashboard update

5. outtatime

outtatime Guest

It's a bugger but could be worse, least we'll still be able to play back-ups.

6. Weasrock

Weasrock Regular member

Or you could keep the console you are currently using flashed w LT 1.1 with your current hdd/dashboard to play current backups and just get a separate console/hdd with 2.0 to play all new ones correct?

7. outtatime

outtatime Guest

Yep.

8. bludd

bludd Regular member

lol, i was just thinking that. it almost wouldn't be worth backing up an entire library again.

9. deepc266

deepc266 Regular member

untill they put the update on new games. then the games won't play untill you update. There slowly starting to screw offline people.

And about AP2.5 on every game with the new dash? I know C4 said that durning the beta, but i haven't heard much after the update is out. IF people are reflashing after updating to LT and old back ups work again, it makes me think AP2.5 is enable for everything. But i haven't update yet or read much info yet.

10. stevedogg

stevedogg Regular member

I thought that's not the case. I have heard ppl playing LA Noire before AND after the update and only mentioning reflashing the drive. So did those ppl reburn LA Noire? Does ABGX patch it for the new ones or wut?

11. deepc266

deepc266 Regular member

yea thats whats makes me think thye didn't enable AP2.5 after all. Theres no AP2.5 patch for LA Noire that i know of and ABGX only patch AP2.5 on the ones from before.

12. AndrewAni

AndrewAni Member

I only care about Live games so if reflashing LT+ 1.1 and playing backups on Live runs the risk of being banned, I don't care to try.

13. outtatime

outtatime Guest

Soemthing I can't figure out either, if the new dash enables AP25 on all games, how come old games work when you flash back to LT+ and aren't patched with new AP25 stuff from ABGX?

Only thing I can think of is that there's supposed to be several updates coming out and and the one that enables AP25 for all games hasn't hit yet..... But then everyone's saying that happens just from the new dash...... hmmmmm

14. KmkDml

KmkDml Member

You are well aware what you are doing can be illegal and not what MS intended the system for. Plain and simple as far as they are concerned a normal user will be just fine. Seeings as you actually own all your games you backed up, whats the problem with just using the actual game discs?

15. b1gh3ad

b1gh3ad Regular member

thats because the discs for LA Noire were pressed and distrbuted before the dashboard update started

16. Sang6989

Sang6989 Member

>:O DAMN! I dont want to buy back ups again. AND! before the update somehow i was able to play online without being gold member :D, but only for black ops which was fine. i noticed this when i was playing on my non gold account on one of the days that it offered non gold memebers to play black ops. so i counted the days i was able to play and after that ended when back to playing on my gold account, i would switch while being in the lobby from that account to my non gold and did this different times over and over and when my gold expired i went to the one i used for gamerscore, and was playing on that one live! on black ops :D, haha yeah! for obvious reasons i will not give you my gamertag :3 oh and i have been playing for about a month on that account for free and yes it says silver account not gold. no i wasnt playing on double xps. just hope this update didnt fusk that up or else i will have to pay :( but i guess good thing is i can go to my original acc. and play legit.... nah.. XD