1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so many programs, so many bad results

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by tigger28, Feb 16, 2003.

1. tigger28

tigger28 Guest

Can anyone PLEASE help me? I am a newbie to this and have DL'd every program talked about here. IFOEdit does not work on my comp (a brand-new Gateway) and the DVD2One works for me, but I cannot get the compressed files recognized with Nero. So I have allll these movie files and can do absolutely NOTHING with them. Any help would be greatly appreciated concerning DVD2One and Nero. Thanks!

2. malum

malum Regular member

don't double post.

Give us a step by step of exactly what you did with the files from DVD2one in Nero and what settings you are using in Nero.

3. tigger28

tigger28 Guest

OK. After I have used DVD2one and created a new folder with all the DVD2One files in it, it's like Nero wont even recognize those files. Sometimes i get a message saying the file format is not supported, sometimes nero just crashes, and 99% of the time i cannot open the files in Nero. Im using NeroVision Express, and this always happens when I try to click on the "add video" button.

4. malum

malum Regular member

do you have the full version of Nero?

I have no idea what Nero Vision Express is or does. It sounds like you are trying to use the wrong settings anyway. In Nero express the only options are for VCD or SVCD neither of which is a DVD. Go to the full program and do it from there or use Prassi or Record Now Max

do you have any other burning software?

5. tigger28

tigger28 Guest

NeroVision Express actually has a DVD setting that you can burn to. I have burned several DVDs with it. I did have Pinnacle 8.0 but i get the feeling its used more for authoring your own videos as it would always freeze in the middle or crash while it was re-encoding any movie to MPEG format.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

save yourself some time and just download/purchase Stomp RecordNow Max.

Just create two folders on your harddrive:
    AUDIO_TS
    VIDEO_TS

and put all of the movie files into the VIDEO_TS folder (doing what nero does for you) and then burn those two folders using the default settings. recordnow burns work in more players than nero, or so it seems..
    peace
    seamonkey420

ps check out www.download.com for a demo of recordnow..

7. framerman

framerman Regular member

I wouldn't purchase any program for burning when dvd decrypter is free and will burn image files quite easily.

What version of IFOedit do you have? I know some people have had problems with WinXP, but I don't seem to have that problem with the two computers I have.

You need to make sure that you get new vts sectors before you burn. You should also make sure that your files are in c:\VIDEO_TS. Your folder should contain this:

VIDEO_TS.VOB
    VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VTS_01_0.VOB
    VTS_01_0.BUP
    VTS_01_0.IFO
    VTS_01_1.VOB
    VTS_01_2.VOB
    (etc.)

Some of these files you don't ABSOLUTELY need, but don't concern yourself about that right now. If you don't have these files and get new vts sectors, it more than likely won't work in your dvd player.

dvd decrypter will rip and burn
    imgtools will give you an image file for burning
    ifoedit will get new vts sectors, strip languages

These programs will rip and burn any dvd that you can get the files under 4.37 GB's. Past that size you will need to reencode which is a much more complicated process.