1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Many Questions....

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by powerwhee, Jan 28, 2007.

1. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

Hello everybody, I have just joined this site, and I am in the process of downgrading my 3.03 PSP to 1.5. I am a tota, noob in the process, but I have gotten pretty close to completion. I have used the Downgrader, and I have gotten my PSP to load the data, and restart, and under System Information it say's 303 HEN, so Im guessing Im ready to go to start the downgrade. I have the file's and was going to start, but it said I need at least 75% battery so my PSP is now charging. While waiting, I decided to sign up to this site, considering I always read it but never got around to signing up. So, while surfing around, I found 3.03 CE, or OE-C not sure- any way, assuming the downgrade goes all right, how do I go about upgrading my PSP to 3.03-OEC? And while I was thinking about that, another question popped into my mind- if I somehow successfully manage to downgrade to 1.5 then up to 3.03 OE-C, how do I go about putting homebrew on it? I read that 3.03 OE-C mimics 1.5, so in theory do 1.5 homebrew programs work by justing dragging them into game, with no extra effort on my part. Would I be able to use Homebrew from 1.5 as if I had a 1.5 PSP? That is all for now, but Im sure more questions are to come. If you guys decide to help me, I would appreciate it greatly, thank you all for your time and the wonderful community.

2. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Basically Dark_Alex is the freaking Super Beast when it comes to firmware. 3.03OE-c is the rebirth of JC and can do 1.5 and 3.03. Just go download 3.03oe-c and read the readme. Its not that hard to upgrade and once you are there you are going to love your psp.

3. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

OKay, but when I am at 1.5, do I need to do anything other than download 3.03 oec, like download 3.03 update, and then tweak it, or can I justdo the 3.03 OEC. Because it seems kind of weird to have firmware 3.03 OE-C without first installing Firmware 3.03.

4. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

You need to downoad the 1.50 update and also the 3.03 Update. It tells you in the readme.

5. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

Okay, I have sucesfully downgrade to 1.5. I then downloaded 303oec. Now what, in the readme all it says to do is copy over oeupdatemaker and oeupdatemaker% to game?

6. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Keep reading. It says also to rename the Update Eboots to 150.pbp and 303.pbp.

7. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

Im assuming when he says to rename the update eboots, I then put them in the update folder and the thing does the rest? And one more thing, I have put a Snes emulator for 1.50 on my PSP. If I upgrade to 3.03 oec, can I still use the 1.5 snes emulator?

8. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Yes all homebrew works on 3.03oe-c. Just make a GAME150 folder and put it in there.

9. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

Also, where do i copy the 150 Eboot and 303 EBOOT? To the game folder where I copyed oeupdatemaker and oeupdatemaker%? Or do I copy them in Game/UPDATE.

10. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

You put them into the Oeupdater folder. Rename them 150.pbp and 303.pbp

11. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

Okay i did all that and it is now at Extracting and Packing 3.03 Firmware. The Memorystick light is blinking, and it has been there for like 5-10 minutes. The 1.50 one works fine, so Im assuming I just have to be patient?

12. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Yes when doing this stuff patience is the key. Never turn it off thinking it has stopped. Wait it out at all costs.

13. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

By the way, thank you for all the help. I know it must be irritating having to deal with a noob like me. It's just that I really do not want anything to happen to my PSP.

14. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Dont worry dude, you arent a total noob who keeps repeating themselves. One day you will be doing my job and helping the next generation of noobs. If I dont teach you now, then who will teach when I am gone?

15. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

Hey man, thanks so much MISSION SUCCEDED. I did it. Many many thanks, and Ill remember you.

16. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Glad to hear it. Congrats. Welcome to the Sony Resistance. Viva la Dark Alex

17. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

All right this question might be reptitive. I made the GAME150 folder, but where do I put it? I put it in GAME, but it was recgonized as corrupted data. So I don't know where to put it. And after the update, can I delete the oeupdatemaker stuff, or should I leave it?

18. maDdoggnz

maDdoggnz Regular member

put it in the psp folder were the game flder is not in the games folder

19. powerwhee

powerwhee Member

NVM figured it out where to put the GAME150, but my other question still stands.

20. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

You can delete everything dude.