1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So my brother just gave me his PSP Slim, and I've got a few questions

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by EGOvoruhk, Nov 8, 2007.

1. EGOvoruhk

EGOvoruhk Member

As it is now, I'm under the assumption that Despertar Cementerio v3 is the way to go? I don't have anything but the PSP Slim, so no Pandora's Battery for me. I've read the readme, and it seems like I wont be needing anything except the PSP and a memory stick, right?

I'm planning on picking up an 8GB Sony Memory Stick Pro Duo. I searched for compatibility issues, and found some people that didn't seem like they actually knew. Does anyone know if I'll have an issue?

I know that 1.5 homebrew wont work, but I'm assuming people are upgrading their stuff to run on later versions. Is there any awesome homebrew that I wont be able to use? I'm really only looking to watch movies, play some old 16-bit games, and load PSP/PSX ISOs, so I figure I can't be missing out on much. If I am, I figured I'd return the PSP and try to find a fat one

Thanks in advance guys, and feel free to throw any additional information my way, as I'm totally lost

2. FW330

FW330 Guest

hormad you psp battery so it can be pandora then just put the files on ms stick

3. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

you have practicaly got everything right. you will need despertar cementerio v3 (universal unbricker v3) to get custom firmware on the psp slim. only way. you will need a fat psp battery and perform the hardmod on it to make it pandora's battery.

google for totalnewbi installer. it will make your memory stick into a magic memory stick, with no problems.

as for emulators and such, they are being ported over so they will work on both fat and psp slim. go to dl.qj.net to find the such.

psx games must be converted to psp format before you can play it. you will need a program, like autopopstation, to convert the psx iso into psp eboot.

psp iso/cso is easy to do. you just place them in the ISO folder in the root of the memory stick (ms0:\ISO)

Last edited: Nov 8, 2007
  4. COOLnDRE

COOLnDRE Regular member

Sorry, you can't do much at the moment.

you will need to buy a pandora despel de cementario v3 from somewhere like ebay or have a friend do it for you.

you can't do it yourself because slim psp batteries won't work for pandora, and I'm positive you can't use sony's official firmware to create the files.

AFTER YOU HAVE 3.71m33-2 or m33-3, don't download the 1.50 v2 addon, that's only for fat psp's. there are many homebrew working for slim psp, more hard working developers are still working to make everything run on the slim.

as for the 8GB mem card, I'd personally go for a 4GB because 8GB are too much money and if your psp gets lost or stolen with that 8GB in , you won't be happy

5. wichozzz

wichozzz Regular member

6. EGOvoruhk

EGOvoruhk Member

I'm sorry. I thought the PSP Slim battery was finally able to be turned into a Pandora one

I guess I'll have to hunt eBay for one. I don't have any friends with a PSP. Do you any of you know any sellers?

I don't mind the price of the 8GB, it's the compatibility I was worried about

7. cee43ja1

cee43ja1 Regular member

it's possible to use the slim's battery. maxconsole has a guide on it. but it's easier to use the fat psp battery, as they are easier to make into pandora battery.