1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so no one like vista, but can you burn w/ it just as on xp?

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jimcreedx, Mar 12, 2007.

1. jimcreedx

jimcreedx Guest

im buying a new pc, but they all come w/ vista now, which i think sucks... will dvd shrink and dvdfab decrypter work w/ vista just like they do on my xp? some people are saying that they are having a problem w/ vista and burning.
    what is the dmr issue people are talking about, something about files comming w/ their own protection on it? i need a new comp badly, and i see no way around getting vista, any suggestions or advice you can toss my way

2. 56delray

56delray Regular member

Build a PC and buy XP OEM for $140

3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

You can still order your PC as you want it from here:

http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/Default.asp

You can choose any flavor of XP or Vista. I bought my rig from them a few years ago and they treated me fairly. Certainly there are more sites to choose from if you don't want to build your own.

4. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

i THINK that u have the option to get XP from dell
    not to sure though.

5. janrocks

janrocks Guest

Demand XP or an alternative OS from the retailer, or a reduced price for a machine with a completely blank HDD.. You will be surprised how many will install xp just for you.. After all it's a sale, and they need every one they can get. If they say "not possible, vista or nothing" take your money elsewhere.. You have the right to not buy "included" software. Believe me..you are actually paying for vista.. It's bundled in the price of the PC. Retailers have to learn that we don't like, or agree with "compulsory" items when we are forced to pay for them.. Enough of this kind of behaviour from customers and even the largest retailers start to get the message..
    You are the customer. If they can't (because of a kickback from M$) or won't (because of lazyness) either remove vista and supply an alternative, or just reduce the price and fit a clean drive then go elsewhere with your money until you find somebody who will....

6. jimcreedx

jimcreedx Guest

thanks guys for the help, i am going to look into building a comp for myslef, any special things i may want to add to a notebook that a novice might not know about?

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

an aluminum case tends to dissipate heat better than a steel one. also, a locking door on the front will help keep household hands that don't belong off your machine.

most people prefer two partitions (or two separate drives), one with the operating system and one with the data.

an external enclosure and drive is cheap insurance in keeping all your data backed up.

be sure all your parts are compatible, as in ram and processor work with motherboard, graphics car works with power source and motherboard, hard drives will work with your connections, etc etc.

8. bigwop

bigwop Regular member

I just got an XPS710 system from Dell and its still being offered with XP media center edition. So far its been great.