1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so so confused....

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by itlawyer, Aug 12, 2007.

1. itlawyer

itlawyer Guest

hey guys, hope u guys will help me...
    i've read hundreds of threads on this, but im unsure...
    I have a psp with firm 2.81, original sony.
    i want to play iso's and do more, but im sooo scared of bricking.
    what do i do? where do i start? psp's are sooo expensive in SA, so i cant afford to brick. as i understand it, i have to downgrade to 1.5 somehow, then upgrade to custom firmware.. it sounds really dangerous, what about later upgrades and stuff... is there no program to allow iso usage on my firmware?
    thx for helping this n00best of n00bs.. haha

2. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

to run isos and homebrew you need either 1.5FW or better than that custom FW.

you will need to downgrade to 1.5 to allow you to install CFW

you need either the GTA LCS unpatched UMD (3.03 DG) or Lumines unpatched UMD (3.50 DG) to downgrade, without either you are stuffed.

if you follow the readme files then you will not brick, these CFW have been tested on thousands of PSPs :)

3. BrewAgent

BrewAgent Regular member

My PSP was the exact same. 2.81 and I didn't want to brick. I got ahold of Lumines and followed a great guide here on this site, worked like a charm, haven't had a single problem! (Well, Mario RPG froze once and I had to pull the battery to get it to shut down...... very strange, possibly messed up memory card, but that's it). Everything is great, just be diligent and follow the proper, legit guides.

(This is the guide)

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/537943