1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...Who Here is a Fur?

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Auslander, Oct 24, 2004.

1. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

yes auslander is getting kinda uppity for such a young squirt. probably trying to show off to the girlfriend & instead got bruce riled up. might teach auslander to respect his elders next time.

2. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

LOL, Auslander and ddp. You know, by the smilies, I was joking. But, being a grandpa, and a young one, at that, is fantastic.

Ask Regor how sweet it is. :) I was a grandpa at age 46.

3. regor

regor Regular member

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LIKE IT!

and I men nothing. The other day I took Nate (Nathan) to a local lake to watch the wind surfers; we were there for quite a while. When it was time to go home we were walking back to the truck and he says "hold me grandpa" so I pick him up and he's resting his head on my shoulder while we are walking... a few moments later he says "grandpa" and I say what natey? he says "I love you"

SWELLED HEART!

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

i knew that but was hoping for some squirming action from auslander

5. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

my mom's dad died when she was 13. he had a heart attack and dropped dead in the driveway just coming home from work one day. my dad's dad lived about 600 miles away; i saw him a half dozen times before he died when i was 7. i would give anything to have even had a chance for that experience that you described young Nathan having.

i'm going to be totally serious for a second (it won't last) and say that i think you guys are great and it's people like you that make AD (hell, let's even say "life") fun. thanks for stickin around and (okay, the seriousness is now gone)not going off to the old folks' home to yell at your young nurse about she's not scrubbing you good enough in the tub.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  6. regor

regor Regular member

yup, I know. I never met either of my grandfathers; died before I was even born. Never had the honor of meeting my parents-in-law neither... they both died when my wife was 18; just prior to us meeting and starting our journey.

Life can be and most often is, rough. But we are blessed. We are blessed man! If anyone in any country is oppressed, we are all oppressed. We need to always be thankful for what we have; and in retrospect, have not, because Auslander if it weren't for your graandpa's, whether you met them or not or whether you got to spend quality time with them, you wouldn't be here. Some day you will be holding their hand... I suspect you already are in your heart.

OK you are back to being half wolf.

7. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

lol, cool. i'm half wolf again! yay!

...okay, c'mon now. you have to admit the "shaking your cane" thing was at least kinda funny. :p

8. regor

regor Regular member

about as funning as your head-banger!

9. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

aww, he's having computer problems. i have them all the time and do basically the same thing. right now, i think that's pretty cool. but don't worry, i'll probably replace it with some kind of non-animated image soon--once the novelty has worn off (doggy_bot inspired me, as he has the original this is based on in his siggy).

10. regor

regor Regular member

i see no significance in a kangaroo or some other primate (decidedly not wolf) banging their head against a keyboard. And it makes my head hurt.

How aboyut a picture of Pricilla Presley or the one formerly known as prince, or Jimmy Carter... anything almost!

11. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

to combine the topics of grandfathers (although it's father in the pic) and furs, i thought this picture might fit. look familiar to any of you generation-spawners?

[​IMG]

12. regor

regor Regular member

that is not Pricilla Presley... is that the one formerly known as prince?

13. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

currently searching for something cool to put in the animation's place. i'm changing it just for you, regor :)

14. regor

regor Regular member

well, at least Auslander just lays there like a good pup, blinking his eyes every so often.

15. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

better, regor?

Last edited: Jun 23, 2005
  16. regor

regor Regular member

decidedly... couldn't find a pic of pricilla, eh? Hey hey hey... what about a pic of Lola?

17. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

hmm, don't think lola would like that much. plus, it would be hard to get a good one of her to fit the limited sig space quite right.

18. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

getting to be about the time for me to do what good ol' khrainos is doing in the middle piccy...got to get up for work in 6 1/2 hours, lol.

19. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nephilim and the twins :p

Oscar and Mayer are the closet I thing I have to children. I'm not even half a grandpa - 33 years old and no kids (that I know of). I've a terrible propensity to get into pointless relationships with worthless women. Maybe I'll have a kid by the time I'm 40 but by that time any grandkid I have will be looking at a picture of their long deceased granddad :(

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  20. Auslander

Auslander Senior member

dad, is that you? you've come back! :p