1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

so will the ps3 ever get modded?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by furashu, Jul 10, 2007.

1. furashu

furashu Regular member

sorry im so far behind in next-gen updates. when if ever will the ps3 be modded to play backups?

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

in due time, i'm sure there will be a hack.

3. ooZEROoo

ooZEROoo Regular member

give it time something will come out the ps3 is still in infancy

4. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

hard mod hard to say... soft mod is a possibility

5. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

All I know is that its going to happen thats for sure, everything is hackable. Just takes alot of work thats all.

6. zegame

zegame Regular member

Is there anyone actually working on it? I haven't seen those weekly updatesz in a long time. You know what else sucks the wii was hacked i Febuary.

7. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

i think i remember seeing an external hard-drive mod for the PS3, where you copied the games onto the HDD and played off that. though, i can't find any links to it anymore. (or if in fact it really existed. could have been a fake).

8. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

I haven't heard much about it but I'm sure someone is working on it.

9. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

Hahahahaha, we are all just sitting here waiting for a hack to come out but none of us is doing anthing at all.lol

10. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

lol im not really waiting for a hack to come out cause i dont really care i was just saying one will come out one day.

11. samshizze

samshizze Member

Its going to be pretty hard, since they will be constantly updating the system with firmware. No doubt a brainiac will figure something out eventually, but not gonna hold my breath.

12. bluejet

bluejet Regular member

How about just buy the games instead of being a bunch of cheap bastards

13. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

No thanks, I think I will go with cheap bastard

14. Lawliet

Lawliet Guest

Yeah, being able to play games for free would be nice, but I'm more excited about the homebrew potential!

15. jesse286

jesse286 Regular member

Yeah its gonna be pretty sweet. But I'm still going to buy the games.

16. LaPapita

LaPapita Member

you know, some people modify their consoles just for the sake of making them a little bit more unique...or to see if it could actually be done. Being able to play backed up games is just an added bonus.

It's sort of like solving a puzzle. It takes a lot of time and patience, but the end result is well worth it.

17. ChaosEnvy

ChaosEnvy Guest

if i knew how i wopuld try and make a modchip capable of every time u put in a burnt game it would feed the system bs info telling it that the game was real idk if it would work or anytihng but if u wana look at some moods look here it sounds promising

18. dragon067

dragon067 Member

well if u have a bd burner, u can make backups, ive made an image but cant burn cuz tha file is too big.. and not sure about it actually workin cuz im stuck right now...

19. L-Burna

L-Burna Active member

Well I just wanted to say making an image or even putting a game on disc isn't enough.You have to manipulate the system in order to get anything to boot.Normally they have hidden boot sectors on the disc that can't be read without the proper equipment.A modchip would work,but once again where do you actually start.I was thinking do you start on the actual Blu-Ray drive or the actual split nand that stores the firmware update.I think you can develop a modchip,but it won't be cheap producing one.You will end up spending a couple grand just on developmental stages.The Actel modchip programmers are not cheap,so if you want to hack at this system with a modchip you will probably end up spending more than you can handle.Unless you plan on mass producing a modchip it really isn't worth the investment.

20. BIGnewb

BIGnewb Guest

LBurna is completely right.modchip is almost a definite no-no.plus the ps3 is so expensive why would you wanna risk it?the xbox 360 had some modchips but dont those ppl regret it now when the firmware hack came into play.those companies just lost alot of money.and at the time those modchips were the first ones so ofcourse they werent perfect so not alot of ppl bought them.there is already a homebrew method that's stick at AD but that's really risky.i'd say dont mod it for another 2 years lol.peace