1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So...

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by Omniheart, Feb 3, 2007.

1. Omniheart

Omniheart Guest

...I just got my PS3 today and I have like no clue how to do anything, lol. So I was wondering if anybody can inform me as to how I can put images, music, and videos into my PS3, any help is appreciated....yeah

2. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

well considering how broad your question is, you really should just read the book.

3. Omniheart

Omniheart Guest

Could you explain it then?

4. Joshewah

Joshewah Regular member

Omniheart, Read the book. Don't be lazy and expect others to read, summarize, and type it out for you.

5. hade

hade Regular member

you didn't even mention if you got a 60gig or a 20gig. please try to help yourself before you start asking advice from the rest of us...

GettingStarted

6. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

@Omniheart: Scan the booklet (unless its not online somewhere), open the system take a few dozen pics & send them my way ;)
    Have you tried the Fedora install yet? Your question is like someone who buys a 60" HDTV & bring it home to a house full of children who are thinking in their head "I can't wait till Dad leaves so I can watch Pokemon!!!1!!"

7. Omniheart

Omniheart Guest

Well, I have a 60 gig. And I'm trying to save pics, ideos,and music to the PS3. I read the booklet but I can't find any good help.

8. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

PS2-scene.org has a few projects going on with Linux & multimedia stuff. Go there & see what's possible. Afterdawn is not a "hacking" site but a more general purpose site. If you want really in depth tutorials they'd be the place to go for now.

9. sukhvail

sukhvail Regular member

well its quite easy; to put music n photos on, grab a flash drive and make a folder called PS3 in the root of your flashdrive. then make a subfolder inside the PS3 folder called MUSIC and another called PHOTO. then copy n paste ur photos n music in there. then turn on the ps3, navigate to the flash drive's icon and press x. then press triangle on any of the songs and press copy. then press select all n copy them. if they don't show up, just press triangle on the flash drive icon and press show all or something like that. then u can navigate to the folder with the music/photos/videos

10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

OMG!! You read the book but cant find good help.. If you didnt uderstand the basic Instruction in the book, theres nothing anyone in here can help you with....

11. xhardc0re

xhardc0re Guest

alright be fair now, man. Not everyone is a tech junkie; some tech junkies never read the manual because they seem to be written by someone IN China (not just printed there). I can honestly say that I learned more about the features of the PS2 by messing around w/it rather than looking at the manual. Same with iPod, same with computer (does *anyone ever read their PC manual?).

12. SovMish

SovMish Guest

you can just put the photos, music, videos, etc anywhere on your mem stick or external HD. Then when you connect it to your PS3, just go to the memory stick (it will show up), and press ^. Then select view all. It should show you all the folders, allowing you to view and copy your music, photos, vids, etc. To copy soemthing, ^ again and you will see that option.