1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Socom 2 new patch

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Pook, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Pook

Pook Guest

Ok... here goes...
    I had been playin socom 2 online with a backup for a long time, they just came out with a new patch 9/9/04, and just yesterday i logged in, but as soon as i got on it said i was trying to cheat. wtf. I figured out that the swapdisk(i use swapdisk and slidecard) was saving two files to my memory card, so i got to where i could boot the game up without it saving anything to my memory card, but it still says im 'trying to cheat' anyone know how to get passed this?? or did they make another "boot check" when you log on since the new patch?

p.s. Anytime i log out or get booted from socom 2 online the red screen pops up and says insert PS2 disk, so i know they do a boot check there, im guessing thats probably what it is... so no way to get around it..

If Anyone has any information or ideas on how to get passed this or why i can't... please feel free!

2. linnx

linnx Member

I got socom 2 backup, got the patch...been playing for 2 weeks now, no problems.

3. PupDog44

PupDog44 Regular member

When you get the "trying to cheat" screen it usually means that you are using a Disk ID that is being used by mulitple people. Did you get the ID from one of your own online games or somewhere else??

4. kracker

kracker Guest

thats not it dude! its detecting the patch on the game AND a modchip somehow.
    im using the backup of my original. the disc id isnt out there at all, just for my game. im also using SMD on a v7. i think there is some boot sequence left over in the memory of the ps2 its deteting as being a "cheat device" i tried to log in after the update and got banned for 3 hours. i figure next step is gonna be a permanent ban....

5. doobiesSS

doobiesSS Guest

same problem

6. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

yup same here. my backup doesnt work but my original still does so just use your original.

7. BenB1987

BenB1987 Member

are ur games ntsc or pal

8. Pook

Pook Guest

Ok... I did copy it from a blockbuster game, but... I used it three days after the patch came out then all of a sudden it stopped working.

the 'trying to cheat' screen pops up right after i click ACCEPT for the terms agreement...

4th time trying to get on is 1 day ban and Player name termination, they terminated my name, but its still in the system(basically they changed my password.....)

9. Pook

Pook Guest

and oh yea, modchips are not very good when trying to go online for backups(just my opinion, too much hastle)