1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOCOM I - How to Burn it and Other games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by JeepinCJ, Nov 13, 2003.

1. JeepinCJ

JeepinCJ Member

Hi, pretty new to the DVD backups. I just purchased a Sony DRU-510a multiple format DVD +/-R drive and am trying to figure out how to burn a loadable copy of SOCOM (the first one). I have a version 4 (GT3 combo) PS2, equipped with a no solder MOD chip. All of my CDR's work fine (provided they're 74 min iso's and not 80 min). I am using an Action Replay 2. I copied SOCOM using Nero, putting the image 1st on my HD. I burned at 4x using Memorex DVD-R Media. I was using GT3 to do the swap, once the Action Replay had loaded. Put in Gt3 with a normal eject sequence, let it load 30 sec, then a 2nd swap with the MOD-Chip active to keep the laser on to get to the SOCOM backup. Then through the Action Replay no codes, start game. The PS2 acts as though it's trying to read the dvd over and over, just keeps searching, and the action Replay screen stays on. I am 99% sure that the TOC for GT3 is bigger than SOCOM. (By a bigger TOC, I mean it's a larger game in GB, than SOCOM.) Other REAL titles I have are Tony Hawk 3, Hot Shots 3, NAscar Thunder 2003, NCAA 2003. If any of these are better to use for the swap let me know. I'm also going to purchase the Swap Magic Boot 2 or 3 dvd as well, which i am pretty sure will fix my problem. So any help here would be greatly appreciated.

2)Are there any games that need to be "patched" before burning onto DVD?

3)Will a backup of SOCOM II work via this preceding method as well? I hear it looks for the "GOOD" mod-chips. Thank goodness i bought a piece of crap.

2. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I have a copy of Socom II Navy Seals and works fine on my PS2 30004R v5 with Messiah modchip.

Great games btw !!

DVD to DVD copy ---> dont need any patches !_X_X_X_X_X_[small]AfterDawn Addict
    -guys with literally thousands of messages [/small]

Last edited: Nov 13, 2003
  3. jk323

jk323 Guest

First of all dude! memorex sucks i bought a pack of memorex4x speed dvd+r's they suck ass they wont even let u burn at a lower speed only lets u burn at speed of 4x and especially for games with high toc the swap discs will not read fast burned games i wasted over 10 discs burning at 4x then finally realized it needed to be burned slower nero wont give an option to burn slower but alcohol gives option to burn at 2x or max but if u put 2x it still burns at 4 so my advice try to make it burn slower or buy better media and write slower like compusa 1x dvd-r 25 for 20 bucks people complain saying it sucks but take my word for it i use it and hadnt had a coaster yet like the name brands so try burning it slower or try on the fly copies hope this solves ur problem it did to me

4. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

try burning at 1x on dvd-r not +... some ps2's wont read +...

heres the TOC for those games...

3.61GB NTSC GT3
    3.43GB PAL GT3
    3.25GB SOCOM US Navy Seals

so yeah it can be swaped with GT3... but you should try a biger TOC... try GTA3... or Devil May Cry... they have 4.37GB TOC...