1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Socom II

Discussion in 'PS2' started by darren700, Nov 6, 2003.

1. darren700

darren700 Member

hi eveybody, now that socom ii is out, can anyone confirm 100% that it is DNAS protected? also i heard that it might be dual layer format, does anyone know anything about this. i want to make sure u cant burn it and play online before i go and buy it, this will be my first *bought* game

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

humph, well I haven't tried it but I'll guarantee you that it has DNAS or your money back!

3. darren700

darren700 Member

also, ive been reading and some people say that even if you mod-chip is in sleep mode (mines a magic 3.1) socom II can still detect it, and you get a DNAS error? can anyone confirm or deny this?

4. kracker

kracker Guest

yes that its definetely true! i played madden 2004,espn hockey 2k4 and nhl hitz pro and they all detected i had a mod chip in my ps2 even in sleep mode(socom II has the same protection)
    (i have a mesiah 2 pro) all the games were the originals and i could not get them to hook up online (DNAS ERROR-402)my next step is to place a togle switch(on off switch) on the power supply that feeds the modchip. maybe it will work,maybe not. i will post the results after i try. i also hear that your ISP will be permanently banned from socom II of you try to log on with a modded ps2. any truth to this? after trying and failing to connect with the sports games i was able to log online with my socom I with no problems. guess they didnt permanently ban my ISP,but socom II will i hear. can anyone confirm??

5. Prime_vci

Prime_vci Guest

Hmm my freind has a messhia 2 pro and plays his orgianl fine, no dnas with the sleep mode turned on, n the other hand mine is all screwy but thats due to my network card not being detected in socom 2 evan thow it worked fine in socom 1, so im a little upset about getting this usb oent hat shoudlw or for everything but my freid has been playing his in sleep mode jsut fine and i knwot his cause he is a roomate...

6. Cloner

Cloner Regular member

hi i have neo 2.2 in my ps2 and i have socum and firewarrier both origanals, but there online yeah i can play them but can i play them online? and with the new games will the game play offline or does it just stop when going online?

7. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Hey Kracker, did it work???

8. kracker

kracker Guest

i tried it! seems the ps2 was acting very funny when i disabled the "hot" wire on the modchip. it interferes with the booting sequence(with the original games) as the mod chip is part of the ps2 even though its power source has been cut off there are like 22 other wires attached. when i clicked the switch to "on" the backups didnt boot up. it went straight into the browser then the infamous "INSERT A PS2 FORMATTED DISC" came up. thats pretty strange!! in short it did not work correctly at all. im thinking next time ill try to disable a diffent wire from the chip with a lighter gauge toggle switch..its such a pain in the A$$ though taking it apart all the time(although i got pretty damn good at it) i was thinking,maybe the wire from the toggle switch was too heavy to correctly carry the light current? the wire that was attatched the the toggle was at least 10 times as heavy as the mod chip wire. but who knows! any more input or suggestions from anyone would be appreciated greatly....

9. burn_out

burn_out Guest

no need for a switch if you got the magic 3.1
    my socom 2 works online with the organal and thats on a v7 ...
    just disable the chip

10. Flounder

Flounder Guest

Socom 2 does use DNAS

11. kracker

kracker Guest

all the newer 2004 and late 2003 games use DNAS especially the EA sports games........

12. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I have a magic 3.1 in a v4 gap and the original of socom doesn't play when the chip is in sleep mode!!! neither will nhl 2k4 and tiger woods and ssx 3!!! help? I hold down the power all the way till the ps2 logo comes on the screen!

13. burn_out

burn_out Guest

how do you put it into sleep mode
    because your probley doing it wrong or you got a clone

14. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

I am not doing it wrong, i hold down the power (green light button) when the power is off untill it even starts the game. I know it is sleep mode because ps1 backups and ps2 backups both don't work, rsod comes on. And it is not a clone because modchip.ca installed it and they have installed thousands of modchips and are a reputable company.

15. burn_out

burn_out Guest

well i have a magic 3.1 and my orginal of socom II works online. all i do is start from stand by, hold reset until it says sony computer entertanement america (you know the little blue boxs)

16. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

Have you ever tried socom without having it in sleep mode? which error does it give you. Or did you not even bother trying it not in sleep mode.

17. burn_out

burn_out Guest

ok
    when socom II came out i got it and put it in the ps2 at first the orginal dident play on line i think it was error 402 with the phone #
    then i searched the fourms and it said some where to hold the reset until it said sony computer enteranment bla bla bla with the little blue boxes (then the mod chips off compeletly)
    it works for me on a v7 ps2 with a magic 3.1 and thats all i care about. so your SOL bud.

18. cable0

cable0 Member

Can someone give step by step on how to use the magic 3.1 chip to boot? Mine is not working and did not come with instructions.

19. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I have a copy of Socom II Navy Seals
    Works like a sweet baby !!!!!

This games rocks !!!!

20. golden_35

golden_35 Regular member

You mean offline right...you can't get a backup of socom 2 online