1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soft mod not working

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by ajamesf89, Jul 10, 2014.

1. ajamesf89

ajamesf89 Newbie

i use to know quite a bit about this stuff but got away from it.

so i had my wii and updated to 4.3u and made it a virgin again. I then installed homebrew channel through letterbomb. After that usb loader gx would not work. I then remember that I needed cios to make it work.

So i followed this guide https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/backup-launchers/installation

everything went fine installing cios on 249 and 250 even though i used dx10 on both.

loading any usb loader my usb drive just hangs. I formatted with wii backup manager and have a game on there but it never loads anything(neogamme, usb loader gx, configurable usb loader) every one just hangs when trying to load usb. It is in the slot closest to the edge of the machine. Can someone let me know what I am doing wrong here?

2. tongs007

tongs007 Active member

3. ajamesf89

ajamesf89 Newbie

Okay did modmii..loaded up and paper Mario went to a black screen..found the iOS it was using was -1 by default. Changed it to 249. Don't know if that is the right one but it worked. Also my USB drive that is a 32 GB pny won't work with USB loader..or any loader. It just hangs.

Is the USB drive to new and not compatible? Where would I find an older USB drive?. Right now I am using a 500 GB HDD but the enclosure is cracked an exposing the HDD. I'd like to swap it out.

Thanks