1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soft-Mod Tutorial: How to play backups with only SD Media Launcher + Extra Info

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by Kenohki, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Kenohki

Kenohki Guest

I really appreciate the Comment! =)

2. Kenohki

Kenohki Guest

I don't know how to run emulators on the gamecube 100%... I am sorry about this, but if I find anything at all I will tell you.

3. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

anyone know if it's possible to play PAL games on an NTSC system with this method?

4. onlyatry

onlyatry Member

inquiry. i own a japanese gamecube and a usa wii. is there a specific copy of sd media launcher i should be seeking to suit this combination? as far as i know, gamecubes are region locked but i dont notice a region choice in regards to purchasing the sd launcher. would these copies work for all systems regardless of region or would i need to find one which suits the jp gamecube? as for the wii, its region free so any version should work correct?

thanks

5. graeme123

graeme123 Member

WOW....this SD Media Launcher is great. I was planning on modding my GC soon, but am glad I didn't need to. This was so easy. I just bought the SD Media Launcher, blank Ritek Mini DVD-r from Amazon, threw the GCOS on the SD card and works perfect. Every game works perfect that Ive burned so far....over 2 dozen. No laser tweaking. Used imgburn set at 1x with my Plextor PX-755SA. Gotta go....back to Zelda Twilight Princess!

6. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

I assume your running NTSC games on an NTSC gamecube, have you tried any PAL games?

7. Kenohki

Kenohki Guest

I am running NTSC Gamecube and playing a PAL Twilight Princess. I hope this helps.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2007
  8. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

and your using the sd media launcher and gcos?

9. Kenohki

Kenohki Guest

Yeah

10. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

which version of gcos are you using? are you using 'auto detect' for the region or are you using 'force ntsc'?

11. Kenohki

Kenohki Guest

1.5, Force NTSC, (Sometime I use Auto detect and it still works)

12. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

Hmmm, I'll have to give it a shot, as some games I can only find in PAL format.

13. graeme123

graeme123 Member

I actually haven't tried any PAL games yet....but I will give it a go and post my findings. Is there something different I should expect from running a PAL game?

14. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

normally when trying to run a PAL game on an NTSC system, you'll get a black & white rolling screen. There IS an option in gcos that will let you 'force' NTSC although I haven't heard of anyone having any success with it

15. graeme123

graeme123 Member

Wow...you're right. Just burned and tested Donkey Konga (UK) and it didnt work. That sucks. But oh well, 99% of my isos are NTSC anyways. That still sucks though. And no fix for this?

16. Kenohki

Kenohki Guest

Well when I run PAL games on my NTSC, a screen comes up and ask me if I want to run it at 60hz. I say yes and it runs the game... I will take A picture of this and post it, to show it does run...

17. graeme123

graeme123 Member

What are you using? You have it modded? I am using the SD Media Launcher with GCOS v1.x I tried every option to boot the game. PAL and PAL60. Nothing worked. I only tried Donkey Konga though....could it possible that other PAL games may work? I don't know. Not really willing to waste more mini dvd-r's to find out.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2007
  18. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

eagerly awaiting this picture ;)

19. ttocs230

ttocs230 Guest

Mine does that with Mario Kart DD, It's not a backup, and I use Freeloader, but I know of what screen he's talking about, I hit a button and it loads in color.

20. zurk78

zurk78 Member

Thanks for this great post.
    I have a question: how does this swap thing works on 2 disc games?
    I have the orginal Resident Evil 4, and know that you can save at the end of disc 1 (chapter 4-4), but how does it works on games like RE Code Veronica or Metal Gear Solid : Twin Snakes???
    Thanks.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2007