1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soft mod useing UDE and XBOXHDM

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by jimmypant, Jan 17, 2005.

1. jimmypant

jimmypant Member

Hey I am trying to do a softmod to my xbox using the XBOXHDM and UDE. I have a tutorial on it... http://turdinc.kicks-ass.net/Msntv/ps2/Xguide2.html I can do every step except when its asking for me to extract the UDE folder out of the ude_v1.4.zip. I cannot find the UDE_v1.4.zip but I found a folder called ude. Im wondering if this is the same folder I would be extracting out of the UDE_v1.4.zip. I have a couple more questions but I dont want to make my post too long. Does anyone have any experience using this method. Could anyone walk me through the first few steps of this tut? Im getting desprate. Ive looked everywhere for an answer. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

2. Matador

Matador Regular member

Well I think this one is easier on the eyes http://www.stonespnl.com/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=1
    Yes the folder in UDE_v1.4.zip will replace the UDE on xboxHDM.And I been using this method for a while know, and I like it...Before I used to do everything manual with windows and winhex all that bull u know..Its faster and easier this way..
    p.s.U can get 1.4.zip in xbins

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  3. jimmypant

jimmypant Member

Thanks for the reply. I could not find v1.4 on xbins. I looked through the whole thing. but I endedup trying a different method of soft modding and i think i ruined my hard drive. I get error 7 now when I turn it on. I think it means hdd timed out. So im going to try and get a mod chip put in it with a new bigger hard drive. unless someone can help me fix this problem.

4. jimmypant

jimmypant Member

ya? thats a good idea. I will try it but I think i already tried to boot from a game. I haven't touched my xbox for about a week so ill try again tonight. Would you be able to help me out a bit more? I want to try to fix this thing. The reason I was soft modding it is because I dont have much money so I cant really afford to get it chipped right now. I appreciate the ideas.

5. jimmypant

jimmypant Member

Just to give you a bit of info. I ruined the hard drive while i was "hotswapping" i think i succesfully hotswapped it then I was using a program called xboxhdm. when I ran it it said the hard drive was unlocked but there were no xbox partitions on my hard drive. I guess thats where it got screwed up. I dont know if it erased my drive or what. Anyone else had this problem?

6. aztecwiz

aztecwiz Member

where can i get xboxhdm_v1.9.zip and xboxhdm_v1.9.zip from? it says download it from the usaual place, where is that?
    Thanks

7. aztecwiz

aztecwiz Member

will soft modding allow to play back up games or is it just to connect it to the computer

8. jimmypant

jimmypant Member

Yes I think a soft modded xbox can do everything a chipped xbox can. (including playing back ups)thats why I was trying to softmod mine. The "usual place" is XBINS here is a tutorial on how to get the files you are looking for. http://www.xbox-scene.com/articles/xbins.php hope it helps.