1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soft mod

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by retaw, Apr 9, 2005.

1. retaw

retaw Member

HI GUYS,
    i need some help with softmodding my xbox, i sort of understand but not really. i have an action replay and a copy of splinter cell, what else do i need and how do i get it, also what do i do once ive done that. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

Matt Cormier

2. Logik666

Logik666 Regular member

Dude dont ask for full step by step instructions all im gonna tell you is you must use an early version of the game not a newer one. Google is your friend.

3. retaw

retaw Member

i have an older version of the game, all i really need to know is what i should use, should i use autoinstaller? ive heard bad stuff about aid2 and dont know what to use thats all,.
    thanks

4. Roborappa

Roborappa Member

You're lucky I'm here, I've been asking left right and center on how to softmod XBOX's. Once it's done, its very easy. So, I run you through it step by step.

If my method doesn't work, then goto www.xboxscene.com , the ultimate place for everything XBOX.

ok so all you need is:
    -OFFICIAL XBOX MEMORY CARD*****, I used the AR one thousands of times with every different softmod out there, IT WONT WORK, its about a 1 in 20 chance of it working.

-Original Copy of a Game ( U got splinter cell)

-Data Port, usually AR works best. USB to MEMCARD.

-and an xbox
    -------------------

K, now an essential source reffered to in this forum is something called "the usually places", that's an FTP Site called XBINS. Here is the source for XBOX. You'll need IRC to access and u'll have to do something to get in. (#xbins is what you're looking for in IRC)

use FlashFXP for everything to do with FTPing.

That's all u need. Use Google to find tutorials on xboxscene to help you with FTPing and everything.

Once on the XBINS site, go find Ltools 1.7.5 for Splinter Cell. It's probably your best choice.

Make sure you know your XBOX version number to know which BIOS to install. If you don't, there's something called XBOX Identifier on the XBINS site. You put in your serial number and stuff and it will find your version.

Do ALOT of research. I did. I got 5 months +(spare time, I got a life) before I got to actually softmod it.

find guides and thats it.