1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Soft modding issues

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by tx3000, Nov 14, 2007.

1. tx3000

tx3000 Guest

NVM

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2007
  2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If you are using an already modded Xbox, drop the 'UDATA' folder from within the zip file into the E:\

There should already be a 'UDATA' folder there, so it will just place everything accordingly!

[​IMG]

3. tx3000

tx3000 Guest

Thanks for the reply but I did what you are saying and it still did not work

Let me ask you this because from the way it is written in the tutorial it is saying to take the game save (Lets say splinter cell ntsc) which is 5553000c and FTP it to you're xbox then take the installer which is 21585554 and then open up 5553000c then ftp 21585554 so the installer 21585554 is inside 5553000c.

If this is incorrect then the tutorial should be re-written a little better because that's what it is saying to do. There are zipped files inside of zipped files so I also am not sure if i am supposed to ftp the files Zipped or unzipped. and if unzipped which ones and which ones inside which folders?
    Don't get me wrong the tutorial is well put together however (Sorry and no offense) but there is a lot of crucial information missing from that tutorial.

4. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Honestly, nobody has really ever had any troubles, so...

Anyway, lets clear up a few things first!

How many Xboxs have you got? Are any of them modded, if so what dash are you using?

The installer and the savegame are two separate files. They both stay in their respective folders in the UDATA folder.

When you have completed the transfer, the savegames will be available in the "Memory screen" in the MS Dash, you can then copy these across to the memory card!

Here's an example from one of my Xboxs...

[​IMG]

5. tx3000

tx3000 Guest

Ok not to sound rude but please do not talk down to me like I am a total noob please?

Here is just a little bit of info about me

I know quite a bit of my way around the inner workings of the system as where I have created:
    Skins for evox
    .cut files for use with xbmc for the emulators
    I have even gone so far as to remove any music from the original MS dashbord and moved it to unleashX via a file explorer

I know about FTP and quite a few other things.

I even wrote a tutorial on how to convert videos to use as previews in unleashX using files like .bik and .sfv found on:
    http://www.invisionplus.net/forums/index.php?mforum=xboxgamemods&showtopic=293
    as well as other manuals like converting and using computer mods for games such as Morrowind, GTA, and how to mod Fable

I have even gone so far as to hack just about the entire PSX version of Diablo using just a gameshark (Not the rom) the actual game itself
    I have had to walk people through so many things it's not even funny
    There are many more things I have done as well

I am now just getting into learning how to create trainers

I was just a little confused about what directory you were saying to unzip the files to

I figured it all out anyhow.
    The saves that I was downloading was impossible to get the linux installer on the memory unit because they were all too big due to them taking it off their system (In other words they were already used and altered and not new clean fresh copies)

Thanks anyway for the replies

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I don't talk down to anyone, I simply tell it like it is.

You ask for help, I help...

:(

7. tx3000

tx3000 Guest

Yeah you did tell it like it was --- Sorry I came off as such a jerk
    I guess I deserved that type of response ---

I jumped the gun about how you were acting towards me. Everyone who is usually involved with this type of stuff, write everything from their own perspective, then take their knowlegde and understanding, and force it onto others.

Then act like that just because they know how to do it and understand it, then so should everyone else.

I really do apprieciate the help. Thank you very much

8. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No problems, glad I could help you on your way!

Happy modding!

;)

9. tx3000

tx3000 Guest

I was wondering 2 things:
    Not that it's really important but I have to ask, how much space is on the Xbox HD? Because the soft modding screen shows that it has something like 55 GB of free space with more on the other drives. I am assuming that, the screen shown in the pic was a HD that was bought and installed. Because I am pretty sure the 1st gen X-Box came with a 10GB HD but the second gens only come with 8GB?

and more importantly the second thing is

I know what the tutorial says, but the questions I have are not answered because they are not normal questions

I have the clean 5960 MS Dash I got from this site.

What should I do 1st
    1) Replace the C drive files with the clean 5960 MS Dash first, then make back ups of things?
    OR :
    2) CREATE EEPROM BACKUP first before doing anything at all?

After doing the EEPROM BACKUP What should I do 1st
    1) Create MS Backup 1st then replace the C drive files then make another back up
    OR
    2) Should I replace the C Drive files with the clean 5960 MS Dash and then make a back up

NOTE: If this was taken care of in the 1st part then this will have already been done

Basically I am asking what is the least amount of times you MUST back something up in both proceedures

Thanks in advance

10. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Start the softmod process.

Make the eeprom backup. Pay attention to where it dumps it.

Open an FTP connection whilst still at the softmod screen, get your eeprom safe to the PC, delete the entire contents of the Xbox C:\, transfer across the clean MS Dash files to C:\.

Close the FTP, then backup the MS Dash on the softmod screen! This will then make a backup of the 'Clean" dash we just installed!

Continue the install!

You then have a clean dash, backup and your eeprom is safe if anything goes wrong!

;)

11. tx3000

tx3000 Guest

Why would it matter where it dumps it because even if you placed it on your computer if something goes wrong you're drive becomes unusable so you would not be able to replace anything.

So how are you supposed to get back in to fix it, if something goes wrong?

12. silent714

silent714 Regular member

you can upgrade or repair your xbox hard drive with the eeprom from your xbox. click on chunkheads sig for the tutorials.

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

The eeprom is all you need to allow you to completely rebuild your drive as if it just rolled off the production line at Microsoft!

If you have that secure, nothing can stuff you Xbox!

Pay attention to where it dumps it because you then have to go get it via FTP to copy it to your PC for safe keeping!