1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

soft mods for ps2?

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by dylan47, Nov 13, 2004.

1. dylan47

dylan47 Member

hey, just wondering if there are any softmods for the ps2, i have a fully moded xbox and ive used all the exploits that it has and i was wondering if the ps2 had any exploits aswell?

i was thinking something like the same concept as the xbox and swap disk, maybe a game that boots (eg) a saved game, that i could replace with a burnt game.

thats just what i was thinking, but also any helpfull ps2 sites with great tutorials and things would be a good help

,thx.

2. atzero

atzero Member

Yes, there are softmods for PS2. I also have several friends who have xbox's that were all modded out and could play backups off the HD, as well as programs like mediaplayers, etc. I took it as a challenge to try to get my PS2 to do the same things, and after about 2 weeks of researching and experimenting, i think ive finally done it. And i didnt have to mod my PS2. All i used was an original copy of HDLoader, a memory card, a 120GB HD, and an ethernet connection to my PC.

Basically, it boots using an original PS1 disk, which triggers the PS2 to load a boot.elf file on memory card 1. The file is a program that can play programs off the HD, enabling the PS2 to either run games or programs off the HD, as well as install new games or programs over an ethernet connection through the Network Adapter to your PC.

This is the guide I used to point me in the right directions:
    http://lookatthemonkeys.com/html/ps2tut.html