1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod broke?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by djdingo, Dec 18, 2007.

1. djdingo

djdingo Member

I'm trying to softmod a new Xbox. I have softmodded Xbox's many times before but this is the first time I'm running into a weird problem.

I have the Mechassault gamesave on the new Xbox and I boot the Xbox with the MA game in the tray, choose campaign, then Run Linux, there I get the blue screen with all the options.

I first backup MS dash, then I choose the "install softmod" part. It gets about halfway through installing, then errors out, something about a file called 'apps.rar' file.

I have tried and tried again, but continue to get an error message while installing the softmod. I then copied and recopied the MA gamesave from another Xbox to the memory card and replace the gamesave on the new Xbox but still continue to get this error.

My question is this...

While in the 'blue screen' part, I can successfully FTP into the new Xbox and look at files. I also have a backup of the C and E drives from a good softmodded Xbox on my computer. Can I just FTP into the new Xbox and then copy over the C and E files from the already softmodded Xbox to it, or will that mess things up?

Any help would be appreciated!

2. djdingo

djdingo Member

Found out I have 5960 version of Xbox dashboard. Found a tutorial about getting 'ndure' and I went that route. Softmod installed successfully!