1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod HDD Upgrade 300gb

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by gent7907, Mar 23, 2007.

1. gent7907

gent7907 Member

Ok I can't get a straight answer anywhere. So I want to know is it possible to get my 300gb hard drive to work with just softmods. I have it installed and running but evox only sees 120gbs of it. If this is possible how do I break the limit. If not how do I make it so my hard drive ignores the rest and prevents hard drive corruption.

2. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

if you want to pm me, and i can walk you through the process no problem.

3. gent7907

gent7907 Member

Thanks a ton for the offer. I figured it out slightly undocumented heh. So the trick was to install unleashx dash NOT the softmod deluxe dash which is what I was in. Format f and g drives using the unleashedx dash and password of Xbox. Then uninstall the softmod and reinstall with evox. Now everything works great. Also remember whoever reads this DELETE CACHE FILES IN E:/CACHE. Sorry for the caps but that stops the freezing of playing games after a new hd upgrade. Just letting some secrets I found go. Why everyone makes xbox modding difficult I do not know. Everything I did was easy even compiling my own xbox media center from svn wasn't too bad. I may and am thinking about making the ultimate xbox mod tut there is from the beginning to the end of everything I did. I think it would be more up to date and useful for people. I know there are several but too many cant hurt. Espeacially since everything mod chips can do so can softmods very easily. Im just going to combine everything into one section.

4. 98sohc

98sohc Regular member

thats great, glad to see everything is workin for ya.