1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod HDD Upgrade Question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware mods' started by jonbtrini, Sep 26, 2004.

1. jonbtrini

jonbtrini Regular member

Hi guys, I have a softmodded XBox, and i was wondering if it's possible to use Slayer's Autoinstaller to install a new HDD? Basically what I mean is i know you can do it if you have a modchip, but will it work just the same if you have a softmod? The only other tutorial i've seen about upgrading the HDD with a softmod involves having to hook the new HDD up to a computer and a whole lot of jazz...i'd rather not have to take out my current comp HDD and put the one i'm using for the xbox in and blah blah blah...i heard with Slayer's you just put the new harddrive in and load up the program and it does everything for you...

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You need a modded BIOS to boot Slayer's off the DVD drive. Without a modded BIOS, you need to figure out how to boot evox dash with Slayer's AutoInstaller using your softmod exploit. Then, you can do a HDD hot swap to upgrade your HDD. Remeber to lock your new HDD after you install everything you want.