1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmod question

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Below0, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Below0

Below0 Member

if i softmod my xbox do i really need a modchip because from what i read the dashbroad is what does all the work. i guess what im really asking is if i softmod my xbox can i play my backed up games or do i still need a modchip.

2. Doodmar

Doodmar Member

You can play games saved on your HDD, but not from burned disks without a modchip. Also, you will not be able to use Xbox Live if you do a softmod.

3. popajay

popajay Member

SO WHY IS IT THAT MY SOFT MOD ISN'T WORKING LIKE THE LUNIXS INS'T INSTALLING AT ALL IT GIVE NE A ERROR MSG.THESE IS THE LINK THAT I GOT THE INFO FROM TOP SOFT MOD IT .CAN YOU TELL ME IF THESE IS RIGHT. http://board.iexbeta.com/lofiversion/index.php/t47146.html THANK YOU IF YOU CAN HELP

4. Doodmar

Doodmar Member

My bad, forgot that the BIOS tells you if you can play unsigned discs. So burned CD's should work. What DVD drive do you have? Check and make sure that your drive can use the media you are using.

5. Billyfett

Billyfett Regular member

Popajay no need yo yell. Turn the caps lock OFF!. Anyways
    there is a softmod called The UDE softmod. It was mde by Ldots. It will softmod xbox ver. 1.0-1.6. It is easy search and ye shall find.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004