1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodded my Xbox, now I can't read any DVDs!... HELP!~

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by OnionPie, Oct 13, 2007.

1. OnionPie

OnionPie Member

I followed these instructions and swapped my already softmodded xbox's HD.

Tutorial

I got the HD, and it loads to the M$ dash, now I cant seem to start loading my softmod again...

I checked the IDE Cable/Power cable to the DVD Drive, it opens, and tries to read the disc but then cannot. I tried putting the original 8gb hd in there but no dice either... What the hell? The HDD is currently set on master, if that matters.

I have the stuff from my old HD on there, such as stuff loaded from the .iso I created but I cant seem to read my MA disc, or any other disc for that matter... Please help!

EDIT: If my DVD Drive is fubar'd somehow, can I pull one from another Xbox and just put it in or do I need to do anything before I do that?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2007
  2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

I refuse to believe that the drive was damaged by the simple swap!

The HDD should be 'Cable Select'. It may be interfering!

3. OnionPie

OnionPie Member

I know basics of computer, I wouldn't think the swap would damage the drive... But I pulled another drive from my other Xbox and it works... Guess I'm SOL for one drive. >_>