1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodded wii, old sd card files?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by short1, Jan 22, 2013.

1. short1

short1 Member

Hi, Thanks to alot of reading on here I decided to softmod my wii and install the homebrew channel and setup a usb loader using modmii. However, I have a question that I can't find an answer to anywhere, I searched I promise! To set it up I used the sd card that I already had in the wii. Before formatting it I transferred the files from the sd card to my pc. Am I able to just transfer them back? Is there only certain files that should be transferred back? Or is anything on there a lost cause? Thinking about it now I probably should have moved what i could to the wii memory before starting anything, but in my defense, until 2 days ago I didn't know jack about softmod/homebrew. Thanks for any input!

2. kittymat

kittymat Regular member

You can just copy your other files and folders back to the sd card and they should work as before.
    You must however leave the apps folder on the sd card ( wad and other folders can be deleted, if you are unsure use modmii's clean up function to remove all unnesessary files and folders from the soft mod.

3. short1

short1 Member

Thank you!