1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

softmodded xbox

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by jesspren6, Jun 6, 2007.

1. jesspren6

jesspren6 Member

If I softmod an xbox(so it doesnt have a modchip) will I be able to play burned backups of my games on the xbox?

2. cakes227

cakes227 Guest

yup. i like softmods beter, their cheaper, easier, and you dont have to solder to your motherboard.

3. DeadRain

DeadRain Regular member

Some chips are solderless. But still, softmodding is easier.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

A softmodded Xbox will pretty much do anything that an Xbox with a modchip will. Certain things are a little harder though. Like putting in a new, larger hard drive. Or recovering from corrupt files.

When you softmod do not make the same mistake as soooooooo many other people do. The very first thing you should do is make a back up of your EEPROM file using something like Slayer 2.7 or AID 3.1 (Auto Installer Deluxe). Then set up an FTP connection and FTP a COPY of the EEPROM file to your PC and keep it safely stored there. If you ever have a problem, as long as you have the EEPROM file stored on your PC you can easily rebuild your hard drive, or build a new hard drive for your Xbox. Without the EEPROM file the process is a real pain. Some people have been known to back up the entire drive on their PC since it is really not that big, The whole drive even if completly full is only 8 or 10GB