1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Softmodded

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by IRJelly, Jul 27, 2007.

1. IRJelly

IRJelly Member

I Recently Soft Modded my X-Box. I have EvoX and I was wondering if EvoX played burnt games. I have a burnt game and it's not woking I was wondering if it was EvoX or just a bad burn or something else.

2. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Member

I have an Xbox version 1.6, and didn't know if softmodding w/ the SC exploit would work. I've heard people say that you have to have an earlier version. What version was your's? (you can check buy following the guide at xbox-scene.com)

3. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Member

I have an Xbox version 1.6, and didn't know if softmodding w/ the SC exploit would work. I've heard people say that you have to have an earlier version. What version was your's? (you can check buy following the guide at xbox-scene.com)

4. IRJelly

IRJelly Member

I dont have the box to check the serial code and i softmodded my X-Box so that i wouldnt have to open it because i dont want to mess anything up. So i dont know my version but i do know its kid of old.

5. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

The splinter cell exploit works on all xboxs regardless of version. You will be able to play burned games if you burn it with evox.

6. IRJelly

IRJelly Member

okay it was downloaded then burned on the computer.Does that change anything?

7. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

My tutorials explain the softmod process and how to make backups that work!

8. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Member

Thx Burnasty

9. IRJelly

IRJelly Member

thx i guess but i didn't really see an answer to my problem.

10. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Member

Look for a program on the net that will either download game files in the correct format from a certain host or file download system like xbins, or convert and burn them in a way Evox will understand. P.S. just for reference, about how long did it take you to softmod

11. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Member

I've been on the forums the entire day, and I've come to this question: What does Chunkhead do all day? Super-Frikin-Tech-Overlords Inc. CEO (in case you didn't know, I made that company up, but it would explain how he has the time and money and opportunity to learn all this stuff.

12. IRJelly

IRJelly Member

thx it took me about 40 mins id say we were reeding a tutorial online, and we weren't on an admin account, so we had to restart in safe mode to get on ADMISTRATOR acc.otherwise im sure it wouldnt have taken that long.

13. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

;)

I'm a network engineer! I'm on computers all day!

I played with a lot of Xboxs on the side to make some cash whilst I was a student! I pay attention and have a photgraphic memory! Also, by helping people like yourself, i re-enforce what I already know.

14. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Member

Okay, the other day, I grabbed the Softmod Deluxe installer or whatever off of xbins, but now neither mIRC or Flash FXP will connect. I've tried all different kinds of servers and ports, but nothing works. It just says connecting... Unable to connect to server and sometimes it says (Connection Refused) off to the right. What is wrong?

15. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Make sure all the settings are correct. Check my networking tutorial for tips!

16. IRJelly

IRJelly Member

uuhh.. any answers to my original question?

17. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

EvoX is only the dashboard! If you have EvoX, then the console is modded. If it's modded, then it'll play burnt games.

If your game isn't working, either the disc is damaged, burnt badly or you have a DVD drive issue!

18. Burnasty

Burnasty Regular member

I think my post was misleading. I meant to say the last sentence as,"You will be able to play burned games if you mod it with evox." Sorry.

19. Mr_Bob

Mr_Bob Member

I'll be on vacation from the 4th to the 9th in Destin Florida. I ordered an AR and a Microsoft memory card (I thought I needed it, someone told me that the AR card will corrupt the exploit) on Thursday. The shipping thing said that the AR will arrive from the 1st to the somethingeth. If the memory card doesn't get here before I leave, will I BE ABLE TO USE THE MEMORY CARD THAT THAT CAME WITH THE ACTION REPLAY WITHOUT CORRUPTING OR SCREWING ANYTHING UP? MUST KNOW SOON!

20. IRJelly

IRJelly Member

ok that does cleer it up. I modded with EvoX and its not running it. That means its a bad burn?

Or is it that the dvd drive still only reeds ceertain brands because of different companies making drives for X-Box?